Lost my ks9 again but was able to find it this time

Continuing the discussion from Lost KS9 hearing aid:

I would like to find out what would be the best sound to stream to help a hearing person hear the aid. Maybe a siren or multiple sounds repeated? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Yeah but you’d never hear it! I mean the HAs have a MPO setting, so sorry that’s not gonna work even if you could find
a way ; )
Obviously insurance/warranty comes to mind.

3 Likes

I use an app called lightblue which will show you signal strength of all nearby bluetooth devices. It is useful as a “you’re getting warmer, you’re getting hotter” and “You’re getting colder” by changes in the signal strength.

WH

4 Likes

I couldn’t hear it but my hearing friend could. I am just wondering if there is some sound or sounds that might work better than others.

Thanks

I will look into lightblue. It looks like it may be what I am looking for. One thing I see on first look is that it seems to be using “BLE” witch I guess is bluetooth low energy. I didn’t think my old KS9’s would have that. Streaming uses regular bt and runs the battery down quick.
Thanks

The app uses BT LE. Note that this is different from LE Audio. Phonaks don’t have that until we get Infinio. The Classic BT only goes to one aid. That is why if you look in settings under bluetooth you see three connections, not four. Each aid gets an LE and one (the master) gets a classic BT connection in addition to the LE.

WH

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I see I must have found another app that I forgot I had on my android phone. “Bluetooth finder” will try both and be prepared for the next time.

I still would be interested if anybody has ideas about sounds that a hearing people would hear better than voices on a podcast.

Thanks

Maybe noise from a tinnitus app played extremely loud? White or pink noise.

WH