Loop / T-coil to Bluetooth adaptors

Rather than attempt to find a loop to bluetooth adaptor, you might be best to install a simple bluetooth device. Our church has recently installed a system by AudioFetch, as one example.

AudioFetch isn’t ideal with my Phonak aids, however. Phonak’s bluetooth technology results in a significant lag (almost a second). I’m picking up some aids by Philips today and hoping that the lag will be reduced.

There are irrefutable UX benefits for using induction transmission in venues that Bluetooth doesn’t now or will ever be able to offer. Since many HAs are out there without telecoil, being able to pair a telecoil to a HA through Bluetooth would be a useful work-around which would afford those benefits to folks who are unfortunate to have HAs without telecoil. Latency remains a problem…even as we go into 2024.

Seeing this topic brought forward again, I had a quick search and came across this device from Oticon. It might be proprietary to Oticon though. Amongst its features it has a telecoil to pick up induction loop sound and then outputs via bluetooth to the aids.
EduMic

1 Like