Looking for alternative to Evolv RIC 24 units + Thrive App

I started out with Starkey Genisis RIC 24 units; however, the MyStarkey App was dumbed down too much to meet my needs of understanding speech in the presence of background speech - no directional mic user controls. The MyStarkey App also does NOT have a true mute function. Their work around of using one of the Noah Link presets as a MUTE is horrible because you lose all of the previous temporary settings when going back to the previous program.

A friend put me onto the Evolv + bloated Thrive App and these turned out to be a useful tool for me that I am now wearing; however, the background noise filtering of scraping sounds, paper shuffling, pops, and bangs is horrible compared to the Genisis.

Are there any other manufacturer’s products that:

1. Have a true mute
  2. Blue Tooth phone calls to the aids
  3. Noise elimination better than the Evolv units
  4. Phone app control over mic directionality
  5. Phone app control that will put a 0 to 8 dB offset between the ear mics to minimize background speech and noise from one side or the other while being able to raise and lower the volume to both.
  6. ability to create custom setting “programs” that save ALL the settings including the volume controls.

I’m looking for suggestions as to which manufacturer’s behind the ear products to investigate.

I believe Resound has the most sophisticated app.

1 Like

I’d now like to hear from someone who has actually worn behind the ear Resound Nadia units about their experience with how well they eliminate scratching, crackling, popping, banging sounds.

I’ve researched the Resolve App and found:

1. Directional controls are a slider that goes from omni to highly front directional.
  2. The volume controls can be offset and then locked and adjusted up and down together.
  3. They have a true mute function.

Looks like Phonak’s app should fit the bill.