Lively versus Audicus

I’m definately in the market for hearing aids. I know I want three things:

1. Rechargeable
  2. Completely Hands Free - Audio and Voice
  3. Affordable

My understanding is that some hearing aids will allow you to receive calls and talk on the phone but you still have to use the microphone on your smartphone - others are completely hands free. Have discounted Costco for two reasons: 1. Couldn’t receive my Aids till Decewmber and I need them now for business; 2. the Kirkland brand does not play well with iPhone bluetooth.

So many brands are confusing but it seems like the two I’ve settled in on are Audicus and Lively.

Open to any thoughts and appreciate input.

I have no experience with Audicus or Lively. From reading specs, Lively does not meet your requireent of being handsfree. The Audicus Spirit and Wave at $2800 and $1800 per pair meet most of your requirements. However they appear to be based on Phonak Marvel or Paradise (not enough info to sort things out) I have no idea how fully featured they are. The Kirkland KS10 is based on the same hearing aid, but is cheaper at $1500 a pair and is a known quantity. The Audicus hearing aids use the same bluetooth as the Kirkland. They (both Audicus and Kirkland) should work with iPhones just fine, but they are not “Made for iPhone” so do not have those features.

My advice: Go to Costco. It will be cheaper. You won’t get a high pressure sales pitch and you’ll have 180 days to sort out if you’re satisfied with the aids. An extra month or two is nothing compared to years of problems with aids you’re not happy with.

4 Likes

Lively is a ReSound Quattro. Not sure which technology level, but it is not hands free for calls. You have to use the phone’s mic to talk.

The Jabra Enhance Pro at Costco is a better aid for $1799.99. It’s equivalent to the newer ReSound One, but is not hands free either. You can get a Phone Clip 2 that you can use as a remote and clip to your clothing and use it’s mic and leave your phone stored away.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the input. I really something now. May get Lively with 100 day return.

Costco can’t get me in for test till nov 23 and then we t get Aids till Dec 7

Just to confirm the KS10 is hands free?

Seems like KS10 is what everyone is getting

Is Jane’s better than KS10. That seems to be the most popular

The KS10 is hands free… and a good aid at a good price. Test it!

You might be able to shave 2 weeks of Costco if you tell them now that you want KS10. Lively will not be hands free (unless you get extra device)

Thank you. Good advice

Jabra versus KS10 is a personal choice for the most part. As a long time ReSound wearer I prefer that sound to the KS10, which is a rebranded Phonak aid.

Thank you for the input. I am a recovering engineer and I’m by probably over analyzing everything. All I know is I need hearing aids but they are so so many choices

How much is affordable

Unless you’re an iPhone user. Nothing beats made-for-iPhone connectivity – Jabra has it. KS10 does not.

1 Like

TOTALLY AGREE!!! But Costco also has the made-for-iPhone Jabra Enhance, made by GN Resound.

Try another Costco if possible. There are several in my area – one was too booked to even schedule an appointment; another I got in the next day.

Good luck!

1 Like