Live caption for phone calls?

How can I have captions during a phone conversation? I mean seeing captions since I cannot understand much.
I wear naida paradise up and use samsung s20 fe android. The phone has live captions but cant make captions during calls.
Do you know any app to help with this?

1 Like

Are you talking on your cell phone? Thereā€™s a a few apps for that. Iā€™ve seen quite a few in the app stores. Hereā€™s a link to an article about several for both androids and iPhones

Thanks . I cannot use these apps due to the fact that I donā€™t live in the usa

1 Like

Youā€™re App Store may have things if you search.

2 Likes

Thanks but there is not many options there on android play store

Itā€™ll be where you live then and what options are available in your Country.

Iā€™ve been searching but to no avail.
Maybe someone might recommend another way. Iā€™m pondering over the issue

You can install iOS apps from different countries by (temporarily) resetting your home country. Once installed, they remain on your debice. With android you can sideload apk files from non-playstore sources (e.g. torrents).

1 Like

Thanks. I tried that before and yes you can install innocaptions that way but the app still didnt work demanding some the us specific information which I dont have

1 Like

Phonak has a captioned call service that works with the Paradise and newer models, itā€™s called the ā€˜rogervoiceā€™

Thanks. I installed the app via apkpure but couldnt make work . Iā€™m not allowed to use the app. I live in Turkey

I use Innocaptions. Love this app.
Before I found this app, I could not use the phone. Now Iā€™m on the phone all the time.
You can use it on your Android, Iphone.
I also have it linked in with my desktop computer. I can dial from my desk top to make a phone call.
If Iā€™m logged in to innocaptions while on my computer, you can receive phone calls from the desk top also.
This has been a life saver for me.
My husband now has Parkinsons , so I make all the necessary phone calls.

Sorry, I just now saw that you couldnā€™t use this app.

How about ā€œNALscribeā€. Available in iphone Apps store. Not sure about Android.

Thanks. The app isnt what Iā€™ve been looking for .

1 Like

Does your Moto have Real Time Text? (RTT)
It should be under Phone>Settings>Accessibility.

1 Like

I do have it but It doesnt work with telephone calls

Sorry to see that.
What make of HAs do you wear?
Have you checked with your fitter?

Maybe try using a VPN to disguise your location?

For important phone calls (that I can initiate or return) I use my PC and IP telephony rather than my HAs. The PC audio output is sent to a cheapo amplifier (Lepy) with headphones, while my voice is picked up by the webcam. A bit laborious but it works well, and you can set the audio as loud as you like (and increase treble/decrease basses).

Thanks for the information