Listening to audio on Android Cellphone through Signia T AX

It was such a nice surprise to be able to listen to my Samsung Galaxy phones audio through my hearing aids.
It is not working with the Galaxy Tablet though. Maybe because the tablet via WiFi but not to cellphone provider. Does anybody have any experience with this issue?
Again, thank you in advance for any feedback.

Does the tablet not have to be ASHA compatible?

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if it’s via Cell or WiFi, it needs to have implemented ASHA protocol [it’s part of Bluetooth transport]. Which means that it should be a recent device.

2 Likes

ASHA is bluetooth, not wi-fi.
Have you checked the Signia compatibility checker here?

2 Likes

Thank you, flashb1024.
My tablet is a Galaxy Tab A8 with Bluetooth capability. Unfortunately, it’s not on the list of devices. Signia app is installed and working but no audio streaming. Maybe there will be a Samsung firmware update at some point to help with the audio. Will attempt to get in touch with Samsung in the meantime. Again, thank you for your suggestion.

It doesn’t have the hardware required for the ASHA Bluetooth protocol.

@anken you’ll need the Signia StreamLine Mic Bluetooth Streamer to convert the Tab BT signal to the HAs.
Since as @cvkemp Chuck said,the Tab doesn’t support ASHA.

2 Likes

Thank you, flashb1024, for your advice.
At this point I will do without without the Streamline Mic, but hope that whenever I upgrade my Galaxy Tab, it will have the ASHA feature. Thanks again!

2 Likes

@anken , you’re welcome, I do hope Samsung Tablets will support HAs in the future.
I guess you could contact support and inquire, cause I see no specs on their website.

At this point you should make sure that devices you buy are both ASHA and "Audio LE’ compatibile, as ALE supersedes ASHA and first HAs that have it just came out.

Thank you both for your advice. I will definetely look for ASHA and ALE in the future as it is very important to me.
I am so glad to have found this forum. Thank you!!

1 Like

For sure, every day is a learning experience on the forum.
There are so many knowledgeable members, and so eager to help, you can spend hours here!!
Welcome aboard!

1 Like