Lexie B2 (Bose) vs Costco KS8 (Rexton)

I just took delivery of the Lexie B2’s thinking to replace my KS8’s with a rechargeable HA.
After a little trouble with Bluetooth between the HA’s and the Iphone 8 with the Lexie app, I finally connected to the Iphone and was able to “see” the Lexie’s via the Lexie app on the Iphone. There are some very basic adjustment through the app, Volume, Bass, Treble and a choice of hearing environments which basically toggle those adjustments according to some pre-defined criteria. I found the Lexie’s a bit tinny compared to my KS8’s. My biggest disappointment in the Lexie’s was to discover that although they work with the Iphone, they do not stream sound from it. I assume this was my misunderstanding. This is my biggest reason for returning them. As to the cost compared to the KS8’s. I think the Costco plan is financially just a bit better. The Lexi’s cost $1000, Then there is a plan to cover repair that costs more that $100 and if one had to repair/replace the HA, another $300 or so. So close to $500 more or less for the replacement. With the Costco plan, I get a 3 year replacement for free with the Costco Credit card and when I go to Costco in Mobile, AL, they usually are happy to see me, give me free domes and those little white inserts and will clean my HA. That, plus the fact that the KS8 is a custom fit… Just a better deal for me for basically the same price. Problem is, I’d like to replace the KS8’s with another KS version, but not tied to Iphone and re-chargeable. I guess I’ll wait for Costco to advertise their next KS version and return the Lexie’s. Hope this helps…

You might have a very long wait for Costco to come out with a new KS version. The bulk of the rumors I’ve heard suggest there won’t be one. That said, the current ones are similarly priced to what your KS8s were. iPhone and any ASHA compatible Android phone should work with current Costco hearing aids.

3 Likes

Besides MDB’s comments, the same warranty applies to the other branded aids they sell. No downside to buying the other aids. You have six months to bring them back if you are unhappy.

WH

1 Like

Just an FYI…warranty for Costco aids are, and I quote " Warranties: The purchase price of all Costco hearing aids includes a standard three-year warranty covering any repairs that may be required, including replacement of your hearing aid if necessary."
If the Costco aids were purchased before January 20th,2023 with the Costco citi Visa card they have an additional 2 years for a total of 5 years. However, in January of this year the Costco Citi visa discontinued there extended warranty on anything purchased with the card.

1 Like