KS8 hearing aids shutting down several minutes after startup

This has been going on for several months:
I’m always up early in the morning 2-3 am. I put my KS8s in immediately. I sit down and watch the news while my wife(bless her heart) fixes me a hot breakfast. Several minutes in, I hear a descending series of musical notes(similar to the ascending startup notes, only in reverse) then both hearing aids shutoff. This happens whether I have the bluetooth turned on or off. I then have to take the right-side aid out, open the battery door, and then close it and reinsert into my ear. I hear the startup tones and they both turn on again. It happens on average, once a week, maybe twice. I talked to my Costco audi and also emailed Rexton about this. Rexton never responded in any way. My audi had never heard of this and tried re-pairing them and it made no difference. I had them both sent in and a pair of new KS8s were sent to me. The same problem is still happening. So, I have an appointment to re-pair them again next Saturday.
This is frustrating to me having no answer to this. This has to be something Rexton is aware of, otherwise, why would a series of tones be programmed to sound when the problem is occurring?
I don’t have high hopes that my audi is going to be able to solve this.
I should add that I’m having absolutely no other problems with these aids, other than this shutoff weirdness.
I’m hoping there is someone out there in this forum who might have an answer.

Is the sound anything like the sound for the low battery warniing? That’s what came to mind to me when you mentioned descending series of notes. Perhaps has something to do with a bad batch of batteries or maybe not “airing” enough to reach adequate voltage? I’m grasping. This is an odd situation.

Both aids doing the same thing at the same time is key.
It’s like something is telling them to shut down and start back up.

I am also getting some shutdown of my KS8s. I wonder if MFI from the iPad could be causing this? Try turning off MFI for both the IPad and IPhone(if you use one) to see if this makes a difference.

My ks8 are programmed to shut down to standby mode when I do a long press on one of my four buttons (two left aid, two right aid). I then later can do restart of the aids with a long press on the same button. I use this feature when I take a nap but don’t want to take out the aids. IS IT POSSIBLE YOU DO A LONG BUTTON PRESS on A CERTAIN BUTTON WHEN YOUR AIDS SHUT DOWN?

I’ve had Philips HearLink 9010s for a few years through Costco. When I first got them there was an issue with errant battery level calculations. Sometimes a few minutes after inserting new batteries I’d get the low battery warning and occasionally I’d get the “battery dead” warning which was the power-up tune in reverse and then immediate shut down. I’d open the latch and close and the batteries were usually fine for the next week. Funny, the Audi or Philips had never heard of such a thing but my HAs were immediately replaced. Never had a problem since. I’d suggest a full replacement.

It isn’t the low or dead battery warning, I’m quite familiar with those. It can happen even with fresh batteries. And I have never used the standby mode. My fingers are nowhere near the aids when they shut down. I mentioned in the original post that my original aids did this and then they were completely replaced. Everything new. I will explore DanTheMan’s suggestion. I don’t use an iPad but I do use an iPhone. I agree that both of the aids acting together is key. And since there is a series of tones associated with this problem, it would seem that it was programmed in there by the manufacturer, who is no help with their own product. Lastly, it’s not the batteries, as I have gone through a few different bulk packages of batteries from different dates.

Update: I’ve since realised that this happens exactly at 3:00 and 3:30 am. I’m thinking that my tv or internet somehow sends out a time signal that affects my hearing aids and cause them to shutdown. Doesn’t happen in the afternoon or evening.