KS8 Frequency Lowering and Self-Programming

Use the magnifying glass/search to find info on each component;

I think I can answer the NoahLink Wireless part. The aids need to be removed from your ears to link to the NoahLink Wireless. They need to be right in front of the device to link up. Once linked up, you can put them on your ears. This is based on my experience with Signia NX Charge&Go. I got the feeling that for some other brands it wasn’t necessary to remove the aids from ears to link up.

Oh yeah, the in-your-ears part. The closer to the fitting device the better. Sometimes I just have her lean next to the Noahlink Wireless device and it connects/Detects.

Some hearing instruments (not Oticon) can take wireless Firmware updates. Put the hearing instruments right next to the wireless fitting device for Firmware updates. Also use New batteries for Firmware updates.

@DanTheMan just FYI - this discussion might have been better in a separate thread instead of resurrecting this old thread. But don’t worry, that’s water under the bridge at this point. Also we are required to have our DIY discussions in this category and not in the main categories (for example in the KS8 Product Information thread). You might notice that I cleaned-up/deleted my post there (which is easy just click the 3-dots … under a post and select the garbage can icon).

Are you a hearing aid provider/professional? So much hardware and programming tools for various hearing aids shown in your picture.

No :wink:

I was right on the verge of buying the Noahlink Wireless to program my KS8s, but now I don’t see the link on where to find the programming software. Can you help me?

Sorry, I don’t have the vast experience on this forum that you have. Please excuse my stupidity. Now I humbly ask it you have the link. I’ll be glad to clear up any threads that I have misused (if only I knew how).

Didn’t work for me. When I clicked the link it downloaded a file: ??.exe.part file.

I thought one of the main precepts of this forum was not to attack or denigrate other posters. You have been doing this in spades. Without actually using the term “stupid” you imply it in many ways, using expressions like “a mess” and “obvious as the nose on your face”. If you can’t be a little more civil/helpful I will stop using this post.

I see the link for getting the KS8 software has disappeared. I know you are using that software. Could you send me the link?

The link is there. I’m downloading now to take a look. It/s Rexton Connexx8.5.5/RexFit 8.5.3 I’m downloading now to take a look at it.

When I clicked on the link I got a file: ??.exe.part ???

Could you give me the full link? Gotta have a .com in there someplace, right?

What’s there is what you want. It’s an executable. Windows 10 will try to block it. You’ll need to tell Windows you want to install it anyway. I just did it and it seems to work fine. Regarding your second question: No, this does not take you to a web page. It links to an executable file that you download. (Yeah, I know, it’s likely on a web page)

The KS8 will not show up on the list of available hearing aids, but if you have a programming device hooked up to KS8s and tell the program to detect the hearing aids, it will detect them as KS8s. Before you actually get a programming device, you can simulate the KS8s by selecting a Rexton Emerald 80 S (if you have 312 batteries) or 80 M if you have 13 batteries.

But when I asked windows to open the .exe.part file it asked what program. Did you get the same? A ???.exe.part file?

No, it just ran it as an executable. You might try right clicking and see what options you have. These are some of the joys of DIY programming. One has to wing it at times and rely on Google to figure things out. Once you get there, Audiology Online has some good CE classes on Connexx 7. Yeah, I know they’re dated, but they give you the basics.

Ok, I got it. I am now in a window that asks for installation options. Should I wait to proceed until I get a programmer? I see Noahlink Wireless for about $300.

I’m going ahead to install it. I selected Noahlink Wireless. I assume it will recognize it when I install it later.

I would highly recommend taking a look at the software and see what you think of the interface. You can simulate the process of fitting a hearing aid and changing settings. That’s free. The NoahLink Wireless is going to cost you some money.

Good advice, although I would have 14 days to return it.