KS10: TV connectivity and sound quality

I’ve been trying to pair my TV to my Kirkland 10 HAs with no luck. It’s an LG OLED 65C TV and they’re telling me to reboot TV and that might help. I’m wondering if it’s worth the trouble. I listen to audiobooks on my HAs via bluetooth and the sound is crappy. I put up with it because of the convenience of not using earbuds, but at home I’m thinking a regular headset might be better. A friend with HAs takes his off and uses headset with TV. What say you all? I rely on captions for TV but I’m watching a series in 2 languages and there are no captions for the English speakers, just subtitles for the foreign language.

Get the Phonak TV Connector V2. It’s awesome.
Do you have an exact model number for that tv?
Why is it trouble to reboot the tv?

1 Like

Thanks. No trouble to reboot TV, just makes me nervous for some reason. :frowning: Thanks for that suggestion, I am going to Costco to get HAs adjusted on Saturday and will ask about it. How much is it. Where do I get it? Yes I have the exact model number. It’s an LG OLED 65C1PUB

It’s just like rebooting your phone or computer.
The TV Connector is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $125. Not sure. I found mine on ebay. It was like a used refurb kind of thing.
So yes the tv has bluetooth. I wouldn’t use bluetooth for this purpose. The aids don’t have the latest anti-lip-sync software. The TV Connector doesn’t have that at all. It’s great.

I have the TV connector v2 that l brought on eBay. I have an optical audio cable from the old TV to the TV connector. It works great along with closed captioning. It will not be on lip sync if it is live captioning, like an live show.

Ditto on the tv connector and how great it is. And dont use the bluetooth on the tv, terrible lip sync delays will drive you crazy.

1 Like

I thought the TV connector was a Phonak product and only works with Phonak aids?

It is a Phonak product. Perhaps you’re not aware that the KS10’s are from Phonak.

You’re right, I was not aware. Thanks. Good to know.

Yes, definitely get the TV connector from ebay and make sure it’s V2 as this supports Dolby surround. This means you [and anyone else watching] can still have surround sound while it streams to your aids. The V1 and 1.1 do not support the Dolby option so the TV has to be set to stereo or PCM. Due to parts shortage Phonak new ones were all V1.1 and you could only get the V2 on ebay declared as refurb but look new to me. Note - this info is from when I bought mine 1.5 years ago and maybe out of date.

1 Like

But the ‘Phonak TV Connector’ doesn’t support any of the Phonak adjustable high-end features.

@Speedskater:
What do you mean by this?
Please explain!

The wide variety of TV shows presents some of the most demanding sound situations for a hearing aid wearer. BUT none of the Phonak adjustable high-end features are available with the ‘TV Connector’ input.

Nope, still don’t know what you mean. Are you meaning in Target? What high-end features are you meaning?

with cell-phone using the “myPhonak” features.
I returned the hearing aids so going from memory and a few notes:
Sound Relax
Sound Recover
Noise Block
Soft Noise reduction
Dynamic noise cancellation
Equalization

of course microphone steering doesn’t apply.

The KS10 uses the Phonak/Costco app called Easy Line Remote.
If I’m looking in the right place while on the automatic program then it has Volume, Noise Reduction, Speech Focus, Dynamic and some equalizer presets and a 3 channel equalizer.

No, indeed, when on the tv connector program it only has external mic input volume.
But wouldn’t it be the same as the main general program?
I’d have to get around to looking at Target to see if there are more settings for the tv connector program.

Erica,
i use kirland KS 10. bluetooth audio books direct from my sansung S10 phone and the sound of books and music arw great get back to costco for adjustments. For the Tv I use a Bluetooth sender. It plugs into any stereo headphone outlet it pairs easily direct to the KS10 HA.
The BT sender was from amazon for less than $25.
1Mii Miilink Bluetooth 5.0… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G8Q7NXZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

good luck