KS10 receiver wires breaking

Over the past 15 months, the wires from my hearing aids, broke off. I am an experienced seven-year hearing aid wearer. This never happened in the past .anyone else experiencing this.

No I haven’t, but it’s Phonak, they have the thinnest receiver wires I’ve ever seen so it doesn’t surprise me, just out of curiosity where exactly do they keep breaking?

1 Like

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R hearing aids

I hate the wax guards and domes. And rechargeable batteries. I’ve had the receivers changed during 2 years of use.

I have receiver locks and often have trouble changing wax guards.

This is the hearing aid supplied by workman’s. comp. I’m lucky to have them

Dave

1 Like

They break right at the Mic. Have to go to Costco today. 2nd time in 2 weeks

Yeah that’s a common spot, I take it your using domes as well, so your using the wire to wiggle to fit and then pulling on the wire to remove, this is the most common reason for this, I don’t know what you hearing loss is but have you considered custom molds, much easier to fit and very easy to remove.

Went to Costco today. The Audi added sport locks and told me to pull them out with them to avoid wire breaks

1 Like

Well done

I have sports locks. And they cause trouble changing wax guards. Terrible design

Dave, I take a picture of the sport locks position so it is easy to get back correctly. Here is a video on changing wax guards.

@jimdellavolpe

Thanks so much!

My issue is a little different. The Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s have miniscule wax guards. They come in a round “cerudisk” or whatever it’s called. 8 of them in a disk. They are so tiny I can barely see them. They have far fewer holes so they get dirty fast.

Routine is you take off the dome, put it aside safe. That leaves the receiver, wit h the lock attached. But the lock slips down…towards the waxguard. I always look at the waxguard. Straight in–it was ok. Canted to one side it blocked sound and that hearing aid didn’t work. In the beginning 1 in 3 waxguards was off kilter when I looked. Took a long time to figure that out.

You take the tip of the receiver and put it in the #1 spot, marked with a garbage can. Push down. You listen for the click. (Wait. I’m hard of hearing. Without the hearing aid in I can’t hear the click!)
I often have to take the lock off. Then I get to remember how it looked…

So if that worked the tiny tiny dirty waxguard is in the case. Check. Now put the new clean one on…

You look at #2 spot. Check. There’s a waxguard there.

Push down. Click! (Remember I can’t hear that. Thanks Phonak.)

Look at the waxguard. I always do that. Make sure it’s centred. If it’s not, I get a fine sewing needle and dig it out. Or I use my Swiss Army Knife. (I’m not kidding. I’m that desparate.)

Then I put the dome on. Oh, I forgot. I get to put the lock back on. And that’s a treat. Then I put the dome back on. (It’s the dome that knocks the wax guard akilter. Once it’s on I can’t see if it’s in straight.

Wonder why the receiver wires keep breaking? It’s a terrible design with many flaws. I suspect it was made by young people with good eyesight, and good hearing, and dexterity. Well that ain’t me.

I’m very grateful that I have the hearing aids I have. They have literally saved my life working on construction sites. I can hear fast moving loaders behind me, and know where they are. My last hearing aids I couldn’t hear behind at all. I had some close calls. Don’t talk to me about electric cars on my street with no sidewalks…Teslas travelling extremely quickly. From behind me…

Being hard of hearing can kill me. And that’s if the receiver wires are broken too.

DaveL
Toronto