KS10: Phone t-coil vs public t-coil

I have Costco KS-10 aids (Phonak P90-RT equivalent). I have a telecoil enabled landline phone so I had the audiologist add “phone t-coil + mic” and “Public t-coil +mic” enabled. I have found that either setting works with the t-coil phone. The other day I used a public setting that provided a t-coil compatible neck loop device. That also works with either setting. What is the reason for 2 t-coil settings? I am going to have the phone t-coil setting deleted since the public one works the same.

I think you will find that the phone via t-coil uses settings which are close to those for acoustic phone whereas public t-coil is closer to a streaming set-up.

Because t-coil is t-coil.
You might be interested in the option of having t-coil-only. Turn off the mic in one of those programs. That would give you input from just the t-coil and not the other ambient sounds in your environs. The other program can be both and you would get all inputs. In that situation, the volume would mix the t-coil input and the ambient input.
I think t-coil is a great option for venues or even spot locations where you the listener don’t really have to do anything other than change the program on the aids. Nice and discrete. Not some big clunky device hanging off you. Or even for use at home listening to the tv with your own loop. But the Phonak TV Connector is far superior.

Thanks, Gilbert. That sounds logical but both settings sound exactly the same.

Thanks, Z10user2! That’s a great idea to turn off the mic in a public venus!