KS10 hearing aids do not turn off when in charging

My KS 10 does not turn off and continue to connect to my Android phone (huawei p30 pro) via bluetooth when in charging, even after I manually turn the hearing aids off before plug into the charger. It turns on and started to connect my phone immediately when charging starts. Not sure if it happens for other phonak products. Any idea how to resolve the issue is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried not manually turning off the aids and just put them into the plugged in charger? Doing this should turn them off and the light on the aids should start blinking telling you they are charging.

The HAs should switch off and charge as soon as they detect power on their charging pins. They stay ON if the charger is not powered. So check also the power-supply for the charger, is the cable on both sides fully plugged in?
My (Phonak) charger has a green LED, which is ON when powered.

My Jabras work the same way. I put them in the charger, but they stay connected to the phone and the app. I turn them off, and they disconnect, but when I put them in the charger they turn on and connect again.

My Jabras use inductive charging - no pins.

My Phonak Paradises immediatly disconnect Bluetooth when inserted to the charger. I assume, the KS 10 do the same

1 Like

Thanks Raudrive.
Yes, I tried. HA turns on automatically after I manually turned both aids off before placed into the plugged charger. I am sure it is still on since it continues connect to my phone, and I cannot hear incoming call or streaming sound from my phone speaker.
I discussed the issue with local Costco, and they do not know why and kindly replaced the charger/HA but the problem still persists. Looks need Phonak engineers to investigate and resolve.

I have the opposite. the only way mine will turn off is by putting them into the charger. holding the button down for 4 secs now doesn’t work. have no idea why. I have connected to target and can’t see anyway to get it back in the device options section. Under long press it says programe change. but not switch on and off. Any ideas anyone?

The ks10 user guide explains, when they act abnormally, how to do a reboot of the HAs, while OFF doing a very long press. Go see the details in the Guide.

Open East Link app, go to My Hearing Aids, item Auto On behavior. Check Enable “Auto On”, then the device will turn on when you take out from the charger.

1 Like

while true, what the OP is looking for is the opposite - for the HA’s to turn OFF when he inserts them in to the charger. IIRC, that was an option that needs to be selected in Target. I would suggest calling your Costco hearing aid center and asking for remote session appointment - they can change that without you coming in.

Mine don’t disconnect entirely. They do not show as connected on my phone when I look at Bluetooth pairings. They do not respond to any sounds and the audio connection is dropped when they are inserted. If I try to connect from the phone it says it is unable to connect. But I can see the charge % while they are in the charger, it dropped while I tried to connect the phone (above) but came back up. Way outside my skillset, but could this be related to the Bluetooth LE connection staying live while full BT is not connected?

Fred F

So for some the Bluetooth LE might but the ks10 doesn’t do le. After reading this thread I looked at mine (jabra). When charging they show connected in hearing aids (iphone) and I can see battery but I cannot stream to them - which is fine since I can’t really hear them at that point :wink:

1 Like

I see no option in Target to have the aids switch off or not switch off when inserted into the charger. There is an option to have them switch on or not when they are removed from the charger, and to specify a switch-on delay of either 6 or 12 seconds.

If the aids were in the charger while still turned on, the feedback between the aids could be horrendous, depending on the gain setting of the aids: I have (accidental) proof of that, because I put my charger on a timer, and if the charger shuts down, the aids switch on, and there is a loud screech.

1 Like

I received a new KS10 set from Costco as replacement. I paired the set with my phone and checked the “Auto ON” setting in Easy Line Remote app. When the set is in charging, the phone bluetooth setting shows the set is paired, not connected. The phone audio works OK. Thanks Costco.
But the following issue hope Phonak will address:
KS10 User’s Guide states “The hearing aids will automatically be switched off when inserted into charger”. It is expected behave since it does not make sense if the phone still connect when it is in charger, regardless in charging or not. But it is not the case. The set, still in charger, is connected to phone automatically when the charger is unplugged. In addition, the set is not switched off even in charging - the Easy Line app still shows the set as “Connected” and shows the battery levels.

Yes, the aids should start up when the charger is unplugged. Even with the aids in the charger.
It’s a power thing, not just in the charger thing.

You are right: I just discovered this. That is no doubt why there is a separate “Flight” mode, which I assume kills the BlueTooth feature that is still active in the normal “Off” mode.