KS10: Crackling and static through left aid

Hello

My left KS10 has today greeted me with a lot of static and noise. Changed the filter, hard reset and checked there’s nothing on the mic ports. Still crackling.

Is this just the receiver that’s died?

1 Like

There should be a few posts about this on this forum if you do a search. Unfortunately, this is most likely a catastrophic failure of the device, and will need to be fixed by the manufacturer under warranty. Happened to me twice over the years.

1 Like

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s. Equivalent.
I’ve had the receivers replaced a number of times. Doesn’t COSTCO have an obligation to service your hearing aids, and have parts?
DaveL
Toronto

To determine if it’s just a receiver (assuming the crackling is on one side only) just remove the bad receiver and replace it with your other “good” receiver.

If the crackling stops it’s the receiver. If not, it is the Aid which Costco can return to the factory for repair.

Depending on your remaining warrantee Costco should be able to fix either the bad receiver, or have Phonak repair it.

Good Luck

David

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I’m putting my money on. I’ve had several BTE aids with receivers that fail on me, and typically they start with the fritzing static - or even go DEAD silent for many seconds. This usually happens just under the 3-year old timeframe. If you’re LUCKY, the aids are under warranty. If they are no longer covered, you may still be lucky … cuz you’d be buying a NEW pair that will likely have features and performance better than these. :smirk:

1 Like

The aid is borked. My local hearing centre has only just reopened after the previous audiologist left, hence my nervousness about things breaking. New receiver did nowt but I was ironically pleased to find I could hear the static when the Audi couldn’t using her stethoset.

Back to my spare 2016 hearing aids then…

1 Like

I have KS8s. Rexton will not support aids after five years from date of purchase. I hear static intermittently from my right aid when in a high humidity environment. I put the aids in my dryer for a couple cycles and they work fine.
Any thoughts on what’s happening?

Switching receivers is a great troubleshooting idea.
Another thing is to run the aids in a dryer if you have one. Maybe be 2-3 cycles if have not been drying them.