KS10 Auto sense issue

The auto sense seems weird to me, When I change environments they don’t catch up. E.G. from car to house, aids sound awful, come up from basement, same thing. I wind up Shutting them on and off, etc

The timing translation can be changed from slow to fast in target, but for me it didn’t make any real difference, autosence still got it wrong a lot of the time unfortunately.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what is autosense? The only thing I notice is Automatic Premium adjusting volume when I turn on a fan or when when cars pass me on my recumbent trike. I use Clarity and nothing changes with the environment.

Autosence is your automatic programs, it’s by default the start up program, it automatically switches between different programs in different environments, works for some people, for others like myself find it useless.

My paradise p30 up aids autosense are only calm and speech in noise programs so I don’t have weird sounding blend programs. But To get a music listening I should switch to a manual music program.

Can the Audi turn it off?

They may add a manual program such as calm situations and make hearing aids start with that instead of autosense

1 Like

KS10 and Phonak Audeo Paradise P90’s are similar or close to the same. I have the P90’s.

What I think is true is that the P90’s have autosense 4.0. They can’t go higher. The new hearing aids have autosense 5.0. I read glowing reports here of the lumity hearing aids. I don’t have them…

I’ve done tests in a noisy environment. My h.a/s change quickly to reach the noisy setting…but the app doesn’t show until I use it again.

I have great respect for people who program their own hearing aids. I don’t. I have an iMac and very limited computer skills. I can turn it on. Sometimes. :wink:

Have you considered self programming?

DAveL

I mostly live in a quiet environment, so Autosense is next to irrelevant to me.

I have the Naida P70 UP and thought I saw AutoSense 2.0 but could be wrong when they were programmed by the hospital.

(I have both the Oticon Xceed and Phonak Naida P as you can’t use Bluetooth and Roger together with Oticon so hospital gave me the Phonak and I could keep my Oticon as well.)

1 Like

@Zebras

I have great respect for you. You have always helped me by answering my questions. Thank you!

Phonak P90R’s–I had asked here. I have had my HA’s for about a year and a half. The new hearing aids came out and people here commented so positively. I’m afraid I’ve been negative about my Paradise HA performance. I asked here if autosense could be upgraded to 5.0 from 4.0. I was told no.

I am so grateful to have hearing aids. I wish mine worked better.

DaveL
Toronto

@DaveL

You are correct. Google is saying AutoSense 4.0.

I wonder now what I saw as 2.0. I had the hearing aids programmed a few months ago but have since being in hospital so my memory is shocking.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Zebras I’m grateful you’re with us. I think your memory is wonderful! I learn so much from you when you give us advise. I look for your posts! So thank you for sharing!
DaveL
Toronto

No unfortunately, but as @eyesgreendeaf has stated you can have another program start up instead of Autosence.

@jimdellavolpe

I’ve tried a number of programs as start up trying to make my HA’s perform better (Phonak equivalent to yours).

Along the way my audiologist said he had talked to Phonak and they wanted him to restore default settings. Phonak (Sonova ) is about 2 miles from my house, but won’t talk to me.

My thought…darn hearing aids are bought and paid for. They were in dedicated mode; no autosense. So when he returned them I had them set up with autosense working. Except it wasn’t the start-up!

I just want them to work so that I can understand what’s said. Simple And they don’t yet.

I truly want to thank you for your post. You’ve helped me a lot.

DaveL
Toronto

Mine does not work either! it’s a waste,I have resounds,

Follow up. Changes:

• New receivers; medium power but same domes…closed but with two tiny holes
  • New audiogram; one ear is little better/one ear is little worse.
  • Audiologist reprogrammed my hearing aids for this new audiogram; now I don’t hear so well.
  • Autosense 4.0 is the start up program now. Can’t upgrade to 5.0. These hearing aids are tapped out.

Wife says I hear worse than I did when I went in for the annual review. Guess I fell down a rabbit hole.

DaveL
Toronto