KS10 audible notifications on left ear when connected via Bluetooth to Android

I am having KS10, Bluetooth, and Google Pixel Phone call weirdness (please no iPhone comments). I stream all day to my Windows computer and the sound is solid and consistent using apps like Teams and Zoom (also Spotify, YouTube etc…). I also have the HAs connected to my Google Pixel 6a. I don’t get or make many calls, but when I do, especially if the call is longer than a few seconds, I get intermittent bell-type tones. Left ear only, and about every 5 seconds or so.

Here’s what it sound like: https://on.soundcloud.com/SHmzd

When those are present, I can’t hear the other party briefly. The call does not drop. I’ve tried over time to eliminate all notification sounds from another app at a phone and app level. I don’t believe this is a battery thing, as this can happen at any time of the day, regardless of charge level. I went hunting around to see if anyone had sample KS10 tones so that I could identify which one it is.

Have you experienced this?

This tone sequence appears in my P-90R in two situations:

1. when I have activated manual programs with the buttons and then switch back to automatic.

2. when I come back into bluetooth reception range of the cell phone after I have walked away. But only if I have activated “Stay-connected” in the MyPhonak app.

Even if it’s not exactly the same situation in your case, I think it has to do with no. 2.

Have you activated Stay-Connected in the APP?

Maybe the BTLE connection to your phone is weak. That’s the one that makes the APP connection.

Also try holding the phone closer to your head once on the left side and once on the right side. The phone calls are only streamed to one of the hearing aids, and the head attenuates the signal a lot.

1 Like

I had similar issues with the Stay Connected feature.

Since turning that off, the issue has resolved.

@kendor

2 Likes

Good advice. I have toggled off Stay Connected, and let’s see whether that does it. Sounds like it will.

P.S. Maybe I’m missing something regarding how to do this, but it was quite a trick for me to figure out how to record that tone. I have a desktop condenser mike that I use for recording. I took the receiver slightly out of my ear and leaned close near the microphone. As one might expect the volume was low, but I used Audacity to pump up the gain :joy:

1 Like

I was wondering how you did the recording :thinking:
I sure hope you let us know if your problem is solved.