KS 10 Tech Q + A

I’m starting this thread for the continuation of technical questions and issues with the KS 10’s. I scrolled through the 700+ on the other topic to get some helpful answers. Many of us are beyond that should we buy them on stage and have a technical questions.

I know that the AI is supposed to be adjusting for changes in environment. However, sometimes I want to see if it can get better. Can someone explain the master button and how many pushes on it do what, like restaurant, movies, etc.?

By “master button,” I presume you’re talking the dual button on the hearing aid? This is set up by the hearing aid fitter and there is definitely variety. I think it is common to have short pushes increase (top) or decrease (bottom) volume. Longer pushes on the top button cycle through special programs. Holding the bottom button typically mutes. I do believe there are other options, but this way is common. It’s quite possible that nothing was set up.

I called Costco as I go in next week to pick up my TV remote. Asked them if my master button is programmed to allow me to manually change environments. They did not do it , but will program them next week

That is good to know. I have created some custom programs on the “Easy Line Remote” but when I change the volume for the Right to be just a wee bit more, as well as the sliders on Bass/Mid/Treble It won’t save that profile. I also noticed that I have a BUNCH of programs with the same name, and do the same thing… Is this normal?