KS-10 bluetooth volume

I recently purchased my first hearing aids, KS-10 aids, and I’m using bluetooth from an iPhone 8. I like the HA but cannot get the bluetooth volume comfortable, no matter how low I adjust the ringer or the media volumes on the phone. So currently I’m just not using the bluetooth. Any suggestions?

People found changing ringer tone to something not quite as loud is the only way.

I have my ringer tone volume all the way down but now don’t have an issue but a lot of people do.

Maybe it’s down to my hearing loss?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but he has trouble with anything coming thru the HA’s if connected by Bluetooth.

I just had my one year review with my audiologist. P90R’s…He changed many settings and they are working better now. When he was done he increased the volume of my phone so I could hear it better I think that’s because the phone is streamed using bluetooth. It was a separate setting, and my phone works fine now.

DaveL
Toronto

Likely already tried but you have tried the volume control?

Yes, the ringer and media (not sure if that’s the right word) buttons on the phone and the HA and app volume controls.

That’s good! I’m afraid my husband’s case is the opposite problem. No matter what we try to adjust, it’s too loud.

1 Like

Zebras

Yes; mine increased the volume for the phone after writing over all the settings on my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90’s after a year of use. He said I would need that to hear my phone.

So…if it were too loud he could turn down the gain/reduce the volume.

DaveL

That probably does need to be our next stop! For now, he’s just not using the bluetooth. I just had fingers crossed that someone else had encountered this problem. Thanks for trying to help!

1 Like

Thanks for more thoughts on this!
Our iPhones have 2 types of speakers, the phone speakers which transmit calls, alerts, taps on keyboard. This is terribly loud thru bluetooth to HA’s and can’t be adjusted. The media speaker, used for podcasts, music, etc, works fine with Bluetooth to HA’s. We both have iPhone 8’s and Bluetooth to KS-10 acts the same on both phones. I also have a request to Apple to research. I might also find a friend with an Android phone to try their Bluetooth.
Maybe it’s a glitch within the KS-10 HA’s. We’re brand new to this HA business! At least they’re working without Bluetooth!

Ah, if he’s hearing well with the hearing aids and the problem is just bluetooth, I wouldn’t change the fitting formula because that will also change the sound of the hearing aids - I think it might be better to change just the bluetooth programs!

-If the sound of people talking on a phone call is too loud, the audiologist can go into the ‘media speech + mic’ program (in the picture above) and turn that down
-If it’s spotify or youtube that’s too loud, the audiologist can go into the ‘media music + mic’ program and turn that down
-If it’s things like app notifications that are too loud (ie you get a notification from your weather app, and it’s way too loud) - I find it’s better to go into your phone settings, manually turn off sounds for all the various apps or change them to vibrate only, that way you still get the notification on the phone, and it will vibrate to let you know, but it won’t play the sound through the hearing aid

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for the suggestions! We’ll change the alerts to vibrate and ask the audiologist to adjust the call volume. The media volume (YouTube, music, etc) seems to work fine. I don’t see a picture attached but I think I got the gist of your suggestions.

1 Like

You just bought the aids . Wear them as much as possible for a couple of weeks so your brain can adapt then take them in for further adjustments

1 Like

Yes, he has about 3 weeks to his next appointment and is doing fine with them, other than the BT. For now he’ll continue to wear with BT turned off. We’ll also find an Android phone to link with BT and see what happens!

1 Like

I’m attempting to update from an October posting. After testing on an iPhone 11, which worked beautifully on the KS-10, we purchased a new iPhone today - an iPhone SE 2022. The bluetooth is working as it should. Thank goodness! So if you’re battling Bluetooth not working and you have an older iPhone, you might consider upgrading your phone.

1 Like