KS 10.0 too much bass when streaming phone calls

Finally got custom molds which in general are very helpful, however now the sound while streaming phone calls (iPhone) is so muddy I can hardly understand the caller. Is there any way to change that in the Easy Line Remote settings, or does it need to be done by the audi? Streaming music on Spotify I was able to get the sound balanced within the Spotify settings, but it is still a problem for YouTube videos.

I think the hearing aids should be reconfigured with a new audiogram or in-situ. Your custom molds have changed the sound and now it’s not the same as before, and requires re-adjustment.

You need to go back to your HCP.

It’s possible that the issue may be with the custom molds. To figure out if the molds are the issue will require some testing with your HCP.

If the molds are not the issue, then your HCP can made adjustments in the gain.

It’ll be the molds because now it’s increased the lower frequencys (Bass)

Yes definitely a new fitting should of been done when the new receiver/molds were fitted by the audiologist.

Target does have bluetooth streaming settings that can be easily adjusted just for calls/media by your audiologist.

1 Like

Thanks everybody, guess I’ll be going back to Costco for some adjustments. Maybe someday I’ll get into DIY…

Well it could be occlusion too, especially if open domes where used before changing to molds.

The HCP will have to test for it.

Had closed domes before, but too much random noise was getting in and trying to make changes via Easy Line had no effect. Things are improved with molds now, using “Clarity” setting in Easy Line app is helpful, just need bass toned down a bit for streaming. Also find that wearing my glasses seems to disturb the position of my right receiver/mold. Since I just got new glasses with thinner temples trying to fix that problem, not buying new ones again anytime soon!

I wouldn’t think open was used at that high frequency loss, vented molds would be a good fit so no occlusion, but yeah we don’t know exactly what if any venting has been done.

Select-a-vent molds, audi basically blocked the left one, right one remains as is… not sure what size it came with. Needed more gain in high frequency, so molds have helped to almost eliminate feedback.

I use open domes with my high frequency loss.

Yeah you should try some custom molds with the right size vent, that’s a lot of high frequency loss you have, it’s a balance between those good lows and highs, but if your happy with your set up then all good.

If you think molds will enable me to understand little kids, I will do it. However, no audiologist or hearing fitting has ever told me that would happen. I can hear them. I just miss a bunch of words.

As it stands now, I can understand most adult speakers even without the hearing aids. Some women and most foreign language speakers are the hardest for me to understand.

I’m not experiencing any feedback unless I cup my ears with my hands.

So I’m not sure what I’ll gain with molds over open domes.

My WRS is 96% at 85 dBhl for one ear and 92% at 80 dBhl for the other ear.

Yeah I get what your saying, obviously there’s no way I can say for sure, my point is that clarity comes from the higher frequencies, your doing just fine with those wrs figures which are great, your not gonna improve on that, one thing is only you would know what you can hear no one else can, as for the feedback that could be improved with molds, so quite possibly your limiting the amount of gain to stop this with open domes not kicking off “all” the time, this could be why women and kids are harder to understand, as they are usually in the higher frequencies.
Cheers

Have you tried lowering the volume on the iPhone? I need to do that on phone calls to clarify the sound.

Not much luck doing that. Also tried to access streaming settings while on a call, which caused the app to lose all connection with my aids. I have an appointment at Cosco tomorrow, hope they can make some helpful adjustments.