Kitchen Blender Noise

I have recently become even more sensitive to the loud sound made by my very small counter-top kitchen blender. My kitchen is a very small space, so there’s nowhere much for the sound to ‘escape’. Even WITH my HAs in and OFF, the motor sound is so loud that I must leave the area and cover my ears. I’m sure the loudness is not good for any ears, let alone mine. Has anyone else noticed this, and are there any comments out there?
END OF STORY: THE BLENDER WAS BROKEN, WHICH IS WHY IT WAS SO NOISY! NOT MY EARS!

1 Like

Advise you to google…hearing recruitment…

1 Like

Thanks. Am aware of this phenomenon. Could be my cause. Also could be the blender is aging. Not ME aging! Just wondered if other ppl found blenders esp disturbing.

1 Like

They are kind of loud but my biggest fear was always, that I didn’t have the lid on properly

2 Likes

I had a similar issue a few years ago and my Doctor ordered an MRI. Turns out that I had an acoustic neuroma. We caught it early enough that it did not affect the nerve bundle. Most people that have that do not catch it util it affects you balance.

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

Don’t flip out about the neroma. Not that common and easily removed

Understood. Thank you.

1 Like

My problem is close to the same as yours,I live in a small apartment and my kitchen is very close to where my T,V. is,so when I turn the volume up to hear my T.V. better and walk into the kitchen,and let’s say, I need a dish out of the cabnet the noise in taken out the dish is so loud,it hurts my ears! I have talked with my Costco guy,but all he will say,you will get use to it,I don’t think so!!!

Are these new aids. If they are it could be a matter if giving the brain time to adjust. That’s pretty normal. But if they’re not new and this volume increase is a recent thing I would first visit an ENT to figure out what’s going on

Might be too complicated but if turning down my HA’s and turning noise reduction to the max or switching off my devices is still not enough, I put on a set of passive sound-absorbing earmuffs. For really loud noises like my ancient John Deere riding mower, I remove my HA’s, insert foam ear plugs, and then put the sound-absorbing muffs on as well.

Although the above is a bit extreme, it might at least allow you to use your blender until you figure out whether it’s your hearing or the blender breaking down, etc. Earmuffs and ear plugs can be bought on Amazon. In the past I’ve gotten ear protection in the hunting/fishing section of Walmart, but the quality of the stuff back then at Walmart wasn’t as good as what one can currently get on Amazon.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Jim–an excellent comment and useful, as yours tend to be. I know about riding mowers! My husband always wore protective earmuffs when using ours, years back when we lived in the country. Re my situation…I actually just turn off my hearing device, leaving the earmolds in place (mine have a good silicone seal) and it really is quite bearable. I also depart the enclosed space of my tiny kitchen (remembering that loud noise is not healthy for ANYONE’s ears!) And I HAVE thought about earplugs for this little task. I do think it’s my blender getting old, but I’m glad I brought it up here, for it may have helped a few people with household noise issues :blush:

1 Like

Thanks. I think I made more of this situation that is warranted. I’m making adjustments. Noises do not sound excessive in any other situation, so I think it is the blender itself.

1 Like

Stop drinking so many Margaritas. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: 20 characters? Nothing more to say!

Go here for suggestions to quiet down the blender:

1 Like

Thank you v. much for this! Mine is the very brand mentioned in the video!–so I guess they are known to be loud. Yes, a mat under does help and I’ve tried that. I think a towel around is the next easiest thing for me.
I think the bearings in mine are less efficient than once they were, due to a time when they got damp from a spill. I think Nutri-Bullet is not made to last very long. . . that’s why it was cheap! Thx again!

1 Like

I like the part of the article that says:

Reducing the noise your blender makes is a smart idea for several reasons. The most important reason is it will no longer disturb you, your family members, or your neighbors.

Now a noisy blender that can disturb your neighbors is really something! Perhaps the author is referring to apartment dwellers?!

Of which I’m one, Jim, and many of us are!!

Final notice RE this NOISY BLENDER! It was Broken–which is why it suddenly started sounding louder! The stem connecting the motor/blade was shot, but somehow it still moved–noisily! I bought a new one on Amazon and now it is much quieter and bearable w/o earplugs–tho’ it is always wise to protect the ears from loud noise. BTW, there are many places to buy this replacement part, so I have to assume the Nutri-Bullet blender has a natural fault in this way!!

1 Like