Kirkland Signature 6.0 problem

First I would like to say that These are my first hearing aids and I love having them. I put them on when I get up in the morning and take them off. When I go to bed. Now the problem. I have had them for a little less that one year. In that time the left one has gone bad after 6 months and the right one lasted about 8 months. Each had to be sent back and replaced. Is this normal for this brand? Would another brand last longer? Second problem, the left one has gone bad…again. Last night I was watching TV and suddenly had a very uncomfortable feeling in my left ear. I immediately pulled the hearing aid out and the pain went away. I reinstalled the hearing aid and it no longer worked. I shows up as working on my Iphone app but there is no amplification. This morning I noticed slight pain in my ear and having someone look in they can see redness almost like a burn. First question. Is there electronics in the part that goes in your ear? could it have shorted out causing heat to build up? Any help is appreciated, thanks

I lost one aid in a year. Troubling but not that unusual. I suppose the aid did/could short/overheat. Certainly sounds like it did.

Hearing aids seem prone to breakage. Some mishandle them. Others, who knows.

I take very good care of them but they do get used 12-14 hrs a day. I get about 5 days out of the batteries.

— Updated —

I take very good care of them but they do get used 12-14 hrs a day. I get about 5 days out of the batteries.

Anyone heard about a receiver shorting out and overheating?

I have the previous model, the Kirkland 5. I also had the model previous to that, the Resound Future (Alera). I haven’t had any trouble out of them. I have had 2 receivers that had to be replaced (this is since 2011).