Kirkland Signature 10 Bluetooth Issues

I’ve had my KS10 hearing aids for about a year now. A few months ago they started doing this really weird thing. I’m really not sure if it’s the hearing aids, the app, or my phone. I will be streaming music through a Bluetooth device, and without my touching my phone or walking away from the device, the connection will randomly change from the device I had it connected to to my hearing aids. So I’m driving, and my phone is on the front seat next to me, my phone is connected to the car’s audio and suddenly it disconnects from the car and starts streaming music through my hearing aids. When the windows are open and it’s windy, I have to turn the music up higher. So when it comes thru the hearing aids, it’s literally blasting. Not cool while you’re driving. Costco says they can’t help me. Anyone have any idea what this is about or how to fix it.? Thx

Two thoughts. 1)Start fresh. Unpair aids from phone. Remove app. Restart phone. Restart hearing aids.
Make sure phone has current firmware. Then repair hearing aids and reinstall app. If that doesn’t work, then 2) Have Costco send the aids back to Phonak. They should send you new aids. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have more troubleshooting to do.

1 Like

This is not a fix but a work around. When driving and you need more volume from radio, rather than turning your phone volume up, turn up the volume on the car radio.
For what it’s worth, my Phonak P90’s, which are pretty much identical to your KS10’s do the same thing occasionally.

1 Like

I don’t know what “Current firmwear” means.

Go into phone settings and make sure it has latest updates.

Okay I figured out what firmware is. My phone just did an update last night, so that’s good. I followed your instructions and now we’ll just wait and see. It’s not a constant thing. It’s intermittent. It could be weeks before it happens again, it could never happen again, it could happen in the next 10 minutes.:smirk::confused: Thanks for the help. How sad that the Techs at Costco couldn’t tell me this.

Starting fresh or basically turning everything off and turning it back on again is the basics of electronic troubleshooting. Sometimes it’s a little tough to figure out what that looks like.

If I can “piggyback” on this thread, here are some problems with my KS10’s, iPhone 11 and Dell XPS laptop.

• Phone usually streams to aids but sometimes, streaming is not available. And then occasionally, phone switches itself to streaming

• When my wife is using phone with speaker, sometimes it switches to streaming, especially if I am near the limit of BT range

• Ringtone and other alerts are always streamed if aids are in range, which means my wife can’t hear these sounds. They are also rather loud.

• Laptop usually does not connect when awakened from sleep mode. I need to use the Settings menu

• A call or text will disconnect streaming on laptop. Sometimes it will irritatingly connect for ~2 sec, disconnect for 2 sec. etc.

Has anyone a solution to these problems? Do other HAs have similar problems?

FredO- do you mean when “wife is using phone” - this is the phone the aids are paired to (ie- your phone)? if so, this will always happen. The phone automatically tries to connect to the headphones in BT as a default. You might be able to change this in the phone settings (priority?) but just turning off BT on the phone is the answer.

call/text- yes, this will send the notifications to the headphones connected to the phone (your aids are in a headphone profile on the phone). i’m sure you can change this to not alert/notify of a new text or call. But this is how my P90s work as well with my android phone.

good luck.

I have KS10’s, Dell desktop and laptop, and Samsung Android phone. My wife has her own phone.
My Windows 11 computers almost always connect to my aids when I am within Bluetooth range. If not, I reconnect by pushing my aids volume button briefly. Very rarely do I have to re-pair with the computers.
I use Google Messages and have never received a call or text while streaming from the computer. My hearing aids are the computer speakers. So, I have no idea if a message or call would disconnect streaming although I assume it would.
I suspect the problem is your phone.