Kirkland Sig 9 -> Blue Tooth working good for you?

Is there anything else I have to do besides finding KS9 Bluetooth and connect to it on my laptop?

A Bluetooth dongle works best for most users.

ahh ok I will order one

Yes, if you have a working bluetooth device (laptop, tablet, chromebook, desktop with USB adapter - I’ve done it with all of these), then you first “pair” it, then “connect”. With windows 10, I pull up the bluetooth control panel app to set this up or even just check on it. Sometimes it will have lost its “connected” status (it’s never lost its “paired” status), like when I leave the house and return, so I have to click “connect.” Most of the time it will automatically reconnect without me having to do anything.

Once you have worked this out you will wonder why it took you so long but the reality is it’s not such an easy system to master! :grinning: The truth is it’s easier on Apple IOS.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Establish a personal t-coil loop

Appreciate any help here with my KS9.
Just got a firmware update.
My KS9 connects via BT to my iPhone no problem.
Wanted to also connect to laptop.
Laptop recognized and paired with KS9 but on my Windows 10 laptop under Sound Output, the KS9 is not listed as an Output Device (only device is the normal speakers).
Any advice be appreciated. Maybe the updated KS9 cannot do 2 devices?
Thanks

KS9 can pair with 2 devices, but can only be connected to one at a time.
If I’m understanding correctly your Windows 10 laptop will pair with KS9 but is not listed as an output device? My suspicion is that this is the same thing that happened with my Windows 10 Desktop. I ended up getting a new Bluetooth Dongle and it fixed the problem. I contacted Phonak and they suggested a Sennheiser BT dongle, but they’re pretty pricy. An Insignia BT dongle from Best Buy worked great for me. Before I’d try this route though, I’d redo everything. Unpair HA from phone and computer. Restart both phone and computer, plus hearing aids (open and close battery doors) Then I’d try pairing and connecting to the laptop. If still no go, I’d try a BT dongle.

Just going back to Bluetooth connection problems again, it’s worth reiterating that if you have the firmware that only allows one device and have been using your aids with any other device, you must normally disconnect before trying to connect to another device or it just won’t show as available. I’m not sure whether it matters if they are turned off or they are out of range but I have banged my head against the wall several times trying to connect to my PC before realising the KS9’s are still connected to my phone. As soon as I disconnect they show up on the list in the PC Bluetooth settings.

My old phone died so I couldn’t unpair and now I’m trying to connect to a new one (android 9 and BT5)
Phone only “sees” the right aid and app sees nothing. I’ve rebooted, put in fresh batteries.
Trying to avoid COSTCO until January .Any suggestions?
Thanks, stay safe all,
Nancy

I hate to say it but I am afraid your fitter will need to get into the Target software to unpair that phone.

Thanks, I rather expected that. Not a major issue now and it seems smarter to stay away from crowds.

I don’t think unpairing is needed, since I think it happens automatically, new pairing deletes old one.

Just a reminder, you need to pair your aids twice.

Once with phone to be able to stream, that’s done with phone BT settings and turning aids off and on to put them in pairing mode.
From that, you’ll see just one, often right, aid paired to phone. That’s how it’s supposed to be, since signal comes from phone to one aid and then that aid sends it to another aid.

Then, open the app, and repeat the process - aids off then on and app should now connect to each.

In phone BT settings you’ll get two more connections, marked with LE.

So try this way, and share the results :slight_smile:

I haven’t played with this much. I know it’s possible to use the app without phone being paired. Is it possible to stream without the app? I currently have the app installed, but phone is not paired as I use my two pairings for 2 different computers.

Yeah, why not, it’s separate entities. Basically it’s having two BT devices in aids, one for streaming (BT classic) and another for remote control (BT LE). That’s why you need to do both pairings if you want to use both capabilites.

Heh, you’re actually streaming without the app and you ask if it’s possible? :slight_smile: I mean, you don’t pair LE, only classic, with your computer and it works :slight_smile: same with phone.

I thought there might be something phone specific. People often think of streaming and app compatibility as the same thing, but in my mind it’s completely separate. Not sure if that’s the case for all brands of hearing aids.

In practice it’s completely separate. Remote control uses LE with all of them afaik. Thing is how they approached streaming.

Phonak uses LE for control and classic for streaming.

MFI uses LE for both, so there they could be united but I assume they still aren’t (easiest way is to check BT devices connected to the phone, is there only one or more, like with phonak).

However, same MFI aid has the app for android (again, LE) for remote even though it cannot directly stream.

Those aids that support mfi and asha, I assume they just have 2 type BT connections for androids and probably one or two for iphones.

When you read on manufacturers site, I think I’ve never stumbled upon limits on app remote other than ‘had to have OS this or higher’.
Phone compatibility is I think used for direct phone call streaming, and they list specific phones.

I know that I whined to ex fitter when he said marvels, that I’ve seen widex and who else that they support android, and he said, yes, for remote-app. Then I read site again, and yup.

But people today are mostly interested in calls in ears so they focus on that.

1 Like

No it Sucks. I regret going to Costco period.

Hi mytech,

It’s a pity you didn’t get on with them - I too have ks9.0 and love them - they are basically phonak marvel and are great value for money - I do have the ability to pair with 2 devices - and just used BLE from android to control aids - I also tried Phonak Paradise aids but they just didn’t work for me, and had issues dropping out on long streaming session - teams meeting at work and I had to return them during trial period.

3 Likes

Hello Friends.

First of all I want to thank you for your great help and your good forum.

A day ago I bought the KS 9.0 T, I am very happy with it, it is my first hearing aid,

The problem is that I can’t connect 2 devices via Bluetooth,

Do i need to activate any options in the audiologist’s program to enable this option?
My audiologist says that there is no option to connect 2 Bluetooth devices.

I tried the Phonak Paradise before and was able to connect two Bluetooth devices without any problem, but with the KS 9.0 T we were unable to

My audiologist tells me that the software is up to date and we do not know how to activate this option.

Some idea to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot friends for your help.