Kirkland? KS7.0 or KSHA03 or other? looking for decent used pair of hearing aids I can self program

hello-
looking to get some hearing aids for 80 + year old mom who has none and needs some hearing help for conversations/has trouble in crowd/noisy environments.
need to self program and adjust - can’t afford thousands. trying to get something (better than nothing) for lik $150-200 that has a shot at helping her some.

the ks7.0 and ksha03 are a couple i have come across i can afford - also Starkey Halo i110’s.

I don’t need bluetooth, streaming, phone/tv links etc. just some tuneable/adjustable amplification for her to hear convos better.

any recommendations on reliable models that have decent shot of having a few years left in them if i buy them used - and that are self programmable - with proper connectors/software?

looking for simple, less features, some basic amplification that can be tuned/adjusted to work a bit for her. would any of the older kirkland models be a decent bet? any rechargeable models?

thanks for any ideas/guidance!

I would go for something along the lines of Phonak Q50 or V50 Audeo or Bolero, very cheap on eBay and all you need is a iCube ll programming device.
The Kirkland are ok, but be careful with the older models that can’t be programmed, as in locked, after KS7 would be fine.
Phonak Biro from Costco as well are available cheap on eBay.

Just remember it’s not one size fits all, so if you go RIC type you’ll probably need to get the correct size and power receivers to fit your mum.

Post a audiogram so everyone can offer more advice.

thanks all. good points to consider.

leaning toward KS7’s - they can be user/self programmed yes?
what would I need for the KS7’s? conexx 8 software and the noahlink? do i need a physical connector or it can do wireless?

when I read KS7 users talking about the “programs” that costco put on for them, etc. and if I buy used I’ll be able to set up just as if I was at a costco (since I won’t be b/c I’m buying used?). Did these cost like $1500 when new?

for a senior - no streaming/bluetooth/special connectivity needed - will we use the smart phone app to do basic volume/EQ adjustments for her after programming for her audiogram up front?

thanks!

Yes they can, also yes you’ll need Connexx software and hardware, HiPro and cables/programming pills (312) or a ConnexxLink programming device for wireless, Noahlink won’t work unfortunately.

I believe these are Mfi so should work with iPhone, you could use touch control app with android if it’s still available.

THanks! could you point me to the most budget friendly setup for the programming - are these ebay available items/used etc.?

Hipro + cables/pills 312?
or
connexxlink

And One of the helpful posters here can send me a link to the connexx software? win 10 - any work with Mac OS?

thanks for your and others’ generous help.

This would have to be Phonak iCube ll, compared to HiPro and cables stuff for the KS7.

All the software is windows based, although it’s possible to run on Mac OS, but requires using a virtual machine software, or bootcamp etc.

Here, also make offers.
But you really need to have an audiogram done, without this you cannot provide programming to ones loss by using the software.

ok, thanks. yes there is an audiogram.

are you saying the icube II can be used to program the KS7’s along with connexx software?
and either way which cables are required - is there a photo or diagram of how everything connects up- hearing aids - to programming box - to computer? (i realize the hipro can have diff. ways of connecting to the PC).

thanks.

No, Phonak iCube ll is a different brand from the KS7, strictly for Phona/Unitron HAs.

Actually I’ll send you the software, as you can check within Connexx yourself what programming cables and pills are needed, or the Connexx Link wireless programming device.

We don’t know if the short/3-pin cables (referenced in the EBay link above) will work the same as standard CS44 4-pin cables! They were made for an old obsolete device named NOAHlink (not to be confused with Noahlink Wireless). I know from personal experience that they don’t work for Oticon!
c2

Here’s a link that explains it with pictures (click it);

As an aside, you would need to look at the revision history of the OP/Original Post in the above link to find its (buried) true origin :wink:

It’s like this other/different Signia hearing aid linked below;

Oh, good. Can you post a picture so that we don’t lead you in the wrong direction?

NOAHlink cables do come in all the different types, but No.2 is 4 Pin. There’s others that are 3 pin and even 6 pin

To me it just sounds better for the OP to ether get the ConnexxLink wireless or go with a easier way with the Phonak and iCube ll. Or even better HAs that can use Noahlink wireless.

To the OP have you tried Costco in your area?

Perhaps NOAHlink cables do come in various flavors as shown in your image of a NOAHlink #2 cable with 4-pins. Though, I doubt that you can find one of those listed for sale.

However, I just now pulled these two NOAHlink Oticon #2 cables out from my desk drawer.

• I can see with my eyes that they are 3-pin cables.
  • I can say from personal experience that these NOAHlink cables do not work for Oticon hearing aids using a Hi Pro or mini Pro hearing aid programming device. Maybe they will work with NOAHlink.

But the basic question is will the EBay listing of (Sonion NOAHLINK Programming Adapter 312 and Cable Pair CS44) work for KS7s. I dunno. You could try it and find out. I wouldn’t. I would look for standard CS44 cables instead.

Yeah that’s the thing, can we be 100% sure they are correct,they should… but yes definitely the 3pin won’t work as you know, when I look on eBay,the HiPro and cables are getting hard to find and some are at “out there” prices, I know I won’t go back to using a HiPro!

Yep, I haven’t used my mini Pro for a long time. I am curious to know if the op is trying to deal with a moderate loss or a severe/profound loss?

Yes it would be good to see her audiogram, this will determine if the KS7 would even be suitable, however he mentions “just wanting to have mum back in the conversation” in the noisy environments, so could be just moderate to severe in the higher frequencies for a young 80 year old.