Kirkland 9.0 Ear Wire Came Out

I see that some ear wires need to be periodically changed and have watched videos on how to do it. The Kirkland 9.0 does not “seem” to fall into this category? My ear wire came out of the device this weekend and I can’t see how on earth it goes back in. Does anyone know how or if Costco or another hearing aid repair place can do it? Or am I going to be hearing aid shopping this week?

1 Like

Well it’s pretty easy really, but you just need a pin, jewellers screwdriver or even a tack to pust the pin out enough to remove the receiver.

2 Likes

Costco should be able to do it for you. If the aids are still under warranty, they’ll do it for free. If out of warranty, they’ll charge you but if you used a Costco credit card to purchase them, you can get reimbursed.

3 Likes

Sadly mine doesn’t have that release button.

Thank you. I was trying to avoid Costco as I have let my membership lapse AND I’m afraid that they’re going to try to sell me new hearing aids rather than repair this one, but I may have to bite the bullet and go over there. That’s probably really my only course of action at this point. :frowning:

I have KS 9.0 and have been tested recently and they didn’t try to sell me new hearing aids. I still have a membership though. I don’t think you need membership for service though. I think it’s needed only for hearing tests and buying hearing aids. For me, just buying gas makes a membership worthwhile, especially if you have their credit card.

3 Likes

Ok that’s unusual, well in that case you should take the advice from @MDB and try to get Costco to sort it for you.