Just had my yearly ENT routine appointment

Just had my routine yearly ent check up they said I’ve lost around 5 to 10db hearing in the last year and that they would continue to do yearly monitoring. I had a hearing test and the new audiogram is up on here. I told them about my increasing differcult time I’m having with the battery doors and the problems losing batteries all the time and people I’m with thinking they have to search for the batteries even though i tell them i have spares I also told them that there are days when i can’t where the cros aids when out because of the problems with the battery door and batteries . The women said she would speak to the manager about possibly getting me a rechargeable cros aid and they would contact me within the week via email to let me know and if it can be done I’ll be put on a waiting list for it to be fitted.

I would recommend looking into a BICROS instead of just a CROS. Your good ear is down far enough that it could stand some help and as your hearing decreases, it will become even more important. It would also give you the option of just wearing the right side if you did not want to wear both units. What brand do you have? Battery doors should not pop open and lose batteries.

@gorgeguy i already have a phonak bicros the problem is not that the battery door’s pop open but that i have problems with painful hands. Which means handling small objects on a day to day basis is hard so when i am able to get the battery door open the battery just flies out and lands somewhere i can’t find it and even if i could i would struggle with picking the battery up and putting it back in. So they are going to see if the manager of my hearing aid place will be albe to get me a rechargeable option.

Sounds like a good option, thanks for the additional info.

OK. Just thinking out of the box here … but you may benefit from a couple of tools readily available at Amazon:

1. a nice, pen-shaped MAGNETIZED tip for removing and inserting batteries
  2. real soft but super grippy silicone fingertips to HOLD the hearing aid when you’re removing the batter. These are flexible and snug enough to just wear on the fingertip and help you HOLD FAST to the aid. Many other styles & options up there. F’instance, I have them in HOT MAGENTA! :wink:

@1Bluejay hi i already have the magnetized tool and that helps to an extent but not with getting the battery door open it’s the pulling it down cause’s pain and then the batteries go flying. Ill have a look at the other thing you posted