Jury Duty?

Thanks for your reply, Jeff. It was quite amazing!
Having been a teacher before my retirement, I was familiar with the idea of providing accomodations for students, so it seemed like the right way to do things. Grateful for it!

3 Likes

My dispensing Audi wrote a letter to the Sheriff’s office. Subsequently I was removed from the jury pool.

2 Likes

I actually got called back about jury duty on Friday. One contact was the standard letter they send all prospective jurors, and the other was a phone call from the jury management office telling me what to expect, how to lconnect with the captions writer once I got there and so on. I asked if the writer was certified for court reporting, and was told ( hold on to your hats) that yes, they made sure both captions providers and ASL interpreters were certified.
I was floored— we’ve come a long way from being shut off in an institution, denied education, and generally being left out.

I’m so excited. Now it’ll be just my luck to get put on a case where someone is fighting a parking ticket…Lol

4 Likes

I wouldnt want me on a jury either. I miss hear to often. And i dont believe reading words while trying to look for visual clues on the person testifying is the same as a normal hearing juror. And it would seem to be an instant appeal. But then again, our justice system is so broken i guess maybe it hardly matters.

3 Likes

Very true.

Even with the out of whack justice system in the US, I still wouldn’t want to make an incorrect decision due to my poor hearing and possible misunderstanding.

Thank you, Jeff

3 Likes