Jabra Pro 10 -312 dome issue

Just got the subject HA’s, I love the audio but hate the dome’s , they cause pain. Was told they are power domes and sealing off the canal is inportant. I wore them for 2 days and had to go back to my old HA’s because they hurt so much. I have a follow up apt. in 2 weeks.
This started my quest as to why the hurt, I’ve been using HA’s for 15 years, Oticon first ,then KS7’s likes them both. These Jabras have a larger reciever than my previous HA’s and the “NEW” domes are hard like a wooden cork compared to previous domes.
I went on line and found soft silicone “universal domes” and tried them , they snap onto my Jabra recievers with good pressure so I’m not concerned about them slipping off in my ear canal. These were a huge improvement with comfort but NOT totally. I still had discomfort, experimenting further I removed the (what I call wiskers, the nylon thin device to retain the reciever in the ear canal) some call it a sport device. Anyway re-incerting the recievers without the Jabra wiskers makes the HA’s a pleasure to wear.
BUT !! now when I return for my follow up appointment I have to deal with what I discovered and need to get rectified.
Has anyone gone thru the problem I’m having and how did you solve the issue
Thanks much for listening , look forward for words of advice.
CLIFF

I had real issues because my old old audiologist wanted me to wear power domes with no explanation. And they didn’t size them right. They were really hard to wear. I got my open domes out and went back to wearing them.

I used to think the only way to hear better was to turn the volume up. That audiologist did that too.

An experiment–what showed me I had a problem…I had my hearing aids on. I put my index fingers in my ears and the volume was twice as loud. The open domes didn’t direct the sound from my receiver-in-canal hearing aids into my ears so I could hear it.
So I went to closed domes…two tiny holes for venting. I had to figure out what size I needed. Lucky it’s the same size in each ear.

I don’t like power domes; that’s just me.

People here are helpful. They tell me that I really need ear molds to prevent sound from leaking out. Haven’t done that yet.

DaveL

1 Like