Jabra, Philips or Rexton hearing aids from Costco for high frequency loss

At Costco which is best for high frequency loss? I’m not interested in trials on all 3. Appreciate assistance from anyone about this. Thanks

Unfortunately there really isn’t an answer to that question. Better, in the case of hearing aids, is very subjective. I didn’t particularly like the ks10, for example, but love the jabra. I had the Philips, which were good, but again, it’s very personal. I’ve seen posts from people that love, and others that dislike, all of them for different reasons.

Of course if you try one and decide you like it, there’s no need to trial more than that.

1 Like

See what the tech recommends.

I just got the Jabra 10 rechargeable and have high frequency loss.

I would have gone with the battery version but I wasn’t sure I was really getting the 10 model and the Costco notes said they were only selling battery versions of Jabra through Dec 2023.

That’s why I am giving the rechargeable a chance.

So far so good

1 Like

I have the Jabra Enhance Pro and the Philips 9030. I had an issue with the Jabra aids and was put in loaner Philips aids while the Jabras were sent in for repair. I liked them and purchased a pair.

They are my daily aids and the Jabras are my backup pair. I haven’t had any issues with the Philips aids. To my ear, the sound of the Jabra and Philips aids are very similar. I tried a pair of KS10s in the booth when they were still available, and found them to be “mechanical” sounding and not at all natural.

I agree with @janofh that there is no easy answer.

1 Like

I am right with you on that. The ks10 (no longer avail unfortunately) didn’t sound near as real, for lack of a better word, to me. I went with the jabra because of the mrie. I can drive in my miata and hear no wind noise whatsoever, and that was a big priority for me. Everyone has their own priorities.

On a side note - I kinda want to get the new jabras, but I don’t think the difference is quite worth the cost :wink:

When I’ve bought HAs from Costco, I start with 30 minutes or so with a couple of sets of aids in the store. That’s not a good test, because it takes longer than 30 minutes to adjust to new aids, but it’s better than nothing, IMO. This time around (7 weeks ago), I had a loaner pair of 9030s while my 9010s were being refurbed, and I found the Jabras to be significantly better. Others prefer the Philipses.

I suggest trying 2 or 3 out in the store and picking one. My audiologist recommended against the Rextons, so I chose between the Philips and the Jabras.

Any hearing aids can be programmed for “high frequencies”
There’s no “best” HA, the best one is the one you like “best” Take any other recommendations with a pinch of salt, only you and you alone know what and how you like to hear sounds, so unfortunately there’s no short cuts,so if you want to get help with hearing again then you should be “interested” do your own research and trials to find the “one” that works best for you.
Good luck.

3 Likes

I agree with this totally except for those with profound high frequency hearing loss. That’s when certain brands with better frequency lowering technology shine.

2 Likes

Appreciate you understanding any idea which is best one of 3 to start with? I definitely have profound high frequency loss.
The Resound Fortes from Costco never have been that good , even though they highly recommended them.
Now they say Philips would be best….

Sorry but there’s no “best” as mentioned, as for frequency shifting there’s no best there ether, you need to trial yourself to see which works best for you, when you are satisfied that one becomes the “best” for you, I can say that ReSound (Jabra) is my pick and daily drivers, they have a really good frequency lowering called sound-shifter, I also have Signia which are rebranded Rexton BiCore at Costco, again these work wonders for me at second place.
Trial them is the only way to know for sure, have you seen the reviews here on hearingtracker, I know a lot to read but you will find useful post from people using the Costco models.
Good luck.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=JABRA%20ENHANCE%20PRO%2010

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=Rexton%20BiCore%20

2 Likes

I still have the Forte as a backup pair of aids. They’re fine, and served me well.