Jabra magical buttons

Hi folks. The Jabra app contains two buttons which hint at magical capabilities . . . Noise Filter and Speech Clarity. Can somebody tell me if they’re as magical as they might seem to be? Thanks.

If you click on Sound Enhancer before and after you hit those buttons you will see exactly what happens. The treble mid-range and bass all get adjusted. As does Noise Reduction and Wind Noise Reduction.

I find that just using the default and going into Sound Enhancer and changing Noise Reduction from Automatic at the far right one click over to Strong works well too.

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t have the aids, I’m just exploring the app in demo mode to see if I might want to try the Enhance 300. Noise Filter and Speech Clarity would then seem to be nothing more than an adjustment on the graphic equalizer. The Noise Reduction slider doesn’t seem to change the graph. Do you know how it does what it does?

Related, a new model, Enhance Select 500, is forthcoming soon…June? 15% smaller, with small MARIE. New lineup of Jabra OTCs will evidently be 50R, 300 and 500. Very pleased with my Costco EP 20s…one month in, still fine tuning app and settings. 17 channels vs 12 w/500.

2 Likes

They work, but they are not super magical. Speech clarity will up the highs and you’ll be able to hear speech better, but it still won’t allow you to hear conversation in a noisy environment. Same with noise filter. It will definitely soften what you hear in a noisy place, but it’s no magic bullet.

I use both often along with lowered expectations.

3 Likes

Sconato’s hearing will be much better met with prescription product vs. OTC from any company, due to the level of loss.

I tried the Jabra Enhance Select 300 and it did not fully meet my loss in the upper frequencies. Jabra’s Enhance Select OTC (RIC) products do not have either REM or in-situ fitting either, even with the premium package.

1 Like

Not so magical as you expected from my experience.
Agree with you.

1 Like

Wind reduction doesn’t seem to do anything. Even at max i still hear the same wind noise as always. Doesnt bother me much though.