Jabra Enhanced Pro 20 versus Rexton Reach for High Frequency Loss

Which would be better Jabra Enhanced Pro 20 versus Rexton Reach for High Frequency Loss
Costco is recommending the Jabra
A ten minute walk around with each didn’t tell me much :frowning:

I went into Costco last week with the intention of trying the Rexton Reach but left after ordering the Jabra. My audiogram is not too dissimilar to yours. The audi, which I had not met before but who impressed me with her professionalism strongly recommended the Jabra. She is going to fit me with UP receivers. Her comments were that the Rexton and Philips were very good aids when correcting moderate or lesser losses but that she had better customer results with the Jabra with folks like us who have severe and profound loss. I haven’t got them yet so I don’t have experience. I went with the disposable battery version because I need the T-Coil. Hopefully some others will chime in here with their reasons for selecting the Jabra or one of the other models instead of the Jabra.

3 Likes

Well both those HAs (Signia and ReSound) are as good as any others, any HA from the big 5 (6 if you want) are suitable for all hearing losses, there’s no “one” better then others for your loss, so don’t believe everything your told in this regard, only you’ll know which is “best” for you, no one else could possibly tell you this, you’ll need to do a proper trial to know for sure, for me I’d be happy to flip a coin to see which to trial first ; )

5 Likes

What are “up receivers” ?

UP stands for Ultra Power.

“Phonak offers 4 different RIC receivers (S, M, P, UP), each with increasing power, meant for different levels of hearing loss.”

1 Like

Remember that the Costco fitter has little to no experience fitting the Reach line, since they were only available for a very short time before being pulled and then re-introduced. The Reach has T-coil and is rechargeable, so it would cover both your wants, and your hearing needs. If it were me, I’d ask to demo the Reach while you are still in your trial period.

1 Like

This is not going to make any difference at all for programming them, they’ll be the same as the BiCore.

If they were exactly the same, there wouldn’t be new features. Every model has its own quirks and tweaks, even within a given manufacturer’s family. Getting them close is easy. Getting them perfect takes practice.

2 Likes

Sorry but no one said their exactly the same, what I said is the software and how it’s used is “exactly” the same, so this means that for those of us who use this type of software on a regular basis, there won’t be anything we don’t all ready know.

Really? A bold statement, considering that the fitters at the two Costco centers that I went to, had not been trained on them, had not yet even touched them, and no no clue as to the actual feature set of the instruments.

Well I wouldn’t underestimate the fitters/audiologist at Costco, they are using Rexton flavoured Connexx software every day ,as they’ve been selling them for quite some time, there’s really no “special” training as such, these are rebranded Signia models and they will be quite familiar with how Connexx works, I think your over reaching on stating that one should be “careful” before buying the Reach from Costco because it’s only just been released that all.

I just paired my new Jabra Enhanced pro hearing aids with a new iPhone 14. .The Jabra Bluetooth kept disconnecting when connected to my android phone. So, far no disconnects with the iPhone, but I have only had the phone a few days. What is a tcoil and why isn’t available in rechargeable hearing aides? My Costco guy told me all their hearing aides are Bluetooth enabled.

Which would be better for high frequency loss,

Jabra Enhance Pro 20 versus Rexton Reach for High Frequency Loss??

Both and others as well, there’s on “one” better for high frequency loss, you should trial them to see for yourself which is “best” for you, it’s quite a drop off looking at your audogram, I think the hardest part will be working out the correct dome/molds.

1 Like

Most Costco’s will say the Jabra. Not because its necessarily the better aid, but because they have more experience and less returns prescribing the Jabra for high freq loss. At least thats what my 3 local Costco’s claim. Im in the Los Angeles area