Jabra Enhanced Pro 20 - Tinnitus Manager

I bought my Jabre Pro 20s at Costco in April of 2024 and the Relief app works perfect. You just open it and it works… I have been using it when I read or when I am in a quiet location… Perhaps something has changed…

Mike

2 Likes

Yes, I have seen both side by side. The Jabre Pro 20 is the exact hearing aid as the Resound Nexia 9.

Feature------------------------------Jabre Pro 20 ----Resound Nexia 9
Tech Level ------------------------Premium---------Premium
Channels---------------------------17------------------17
Impulse Noise Reduction------3 Settings--------3 Settings
Wind Guard-----------------------3 Settings--------3 Settings
Noise Tracker II------------------5 Settings--------5 Settings
Environmental Optimizer II—Yes-----------------Yes
360 All Around-------------------Yes-----------------Yes
Front Focus----------------------Yes-----------------Yes
Sound Equalizer----------------Yes-----------------Yes
Battery Life Up to 30 hours–Yes-----------------Yes
Plus currently the Relief App Works perfectly on the Costco Pro 20 hearing aid with doing no more than downloading and opening the App.
Costco offers 180 day return policy no questions asked.
They will replace 1 lost hearing aid during the first 3 years
3 year Warranty
Lifetime service is free at NO cost… as long as you own the hearing aids…
$1,599 out the door with a Costco membership.

Physical specs @Mike5. I am aware the technology matches up. I have, and use the Relief application, and I am happy that it works well for you. I utilize the Resound version bedside when my HA’s are out. In fact anyone with or without a hearing aid, can download the app and use it. That is not the Tinnitus Manager, which is embedded in the hearing aid programing software, and uses a sound generator, overlaying on an existing program on my hearing aid. I have utilized the Tinnitus Manager in my Resound Linx for 6+ years. If I go Jabra, I will need to DIY, and turn the software on myself. This media brochure will help explain what Resound has. Other Hearing Aid companies have their own as well. https://www.resound.com/-/media/webdam/hcp/m200901gb-18-10-rev-c-p28-web.ashx
Note: to all the Hearing Tracker engineer tekkies, I hope I came close to explaining that accurately as a non technical user :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am new to hearing aids, since April 2024, I put it off far longer than perhaps I should have done. My wife states that I was missing half of what was happening around me… I had a hearing evaluation at one of the largest universities in the country and I actually thought that the evaluation at Costco was more thorough…

I believe that Costco staff will clean your aids at no cost as long as you own them, and they’ll be happy to give you new domes and wax filters; they certainly did those things for me with my out of warranty aids.

But the warranty is 3 years. If you need repairs or, say, new receivers or molds after the warranty expires, you’ll pay. I believe the warranty on the molds is 12 months, not 36.

I know that the Pro 10s and Pro 20s have the same specs as the Nexia 9s. I watch my audi (yes, audi) at Costco as closely as I can when she works with the software. She’s very fast, so I can’t be sure of this, but it looks to me as if the Jabras show up in the s/w with an 8xx ID. My guess is that Omnia 9s, etc., would show up as 9xx (or 7xx or 5xx or 3xx). That makes me think my EP10s fit between the Omnia 7s and 9s. That may be marketing bull, but it may mean there are some differences between the Pro10s and Omnia 9s. If that’s correct, it probably holds for the EP20s vs Nexia 9s.

Why does anyone care if a Costco offering is or is not exactly the same as a major brand’s top model? HAs are far from perfect. All one can hope for is an aid that provides help that is good enough at a price that is within the buyer’s budget.

Given the cost of the newest aids, I’d be happy to pay Costco prices for aids that are, say, a generation back from the major brand’s top current model. After all, even today’s newest and best will be surpassed in a matter of months. Chasing the newest tech is a loser’s game.

1 Like

I had a friend that basically hacked the 9 Nexua 9 and the Jabra Pro 20s and found the internal components the same. Yesterday, he and I could could find no difference except for Tinnitus Masking which is simply software setting. I prefer the Relief App vs having someone else setting a consistant masking. With the Relief App I can customize my own sounds to play when I feel that I need it… The intensity of my Tinnitus varies with diet, caffine, my glucose levels as a diabetic, etc. and other heath issues… But the internal components are the same. Yesterday, the Audiologist admitted to me that they were the very same, but they were not allowed to turn on the masking. I do not see the benefit in paying a private hearing aid clinic $5,600 for the Nexia 9 over the $1,599 Costco Jabra Pro 20s…

1 Like

Let’s get this sorted, they ARE exactly the same in all but name, no half way or maybe’s, this has been discussed so many times on the forum, you can read them just by using the search button from right here on hearingtracker.

2 Likes

Okay, Mike, I stand corrected (in saying it wasn’t possible without outside help, or self-help to set the aids to allow the tinnitus relief app to send sound to the aids, because by default, this was not enabled in many aids Costco has sold, even if the non-Costco version offered it). I appreciate the update. We’ve had multiple threads from people trying to get tinnitus relief working in aids sold by Costco, and the answer has been: Costco won’t turn it on, so it’s DIY, or pay another audiologist to do it.

You’re finding the ReSound Relief app helpful in distracting you in quiet settings while wearing your Jabras, it seems. Great. But is it also correct that you’re not using it when you’re trying to listen to people speak, TV, music, because then the sounds produced by the app just get in the way?

I should also have added to my post above that some people (including at least one in this thread) report that wearing hearing aids reduces tinnitus symptoms to at least some extent. That’s different. That’s something happening cognitively for them, not a tinnitus reduction feature that could be marketed as a treatment provided by the aids.

And it’s not the same as using a smartphone app like ReSound Relief, which uses Bluetooth to send artificial sound (tones, white noise, electronic sound effects such as ocean waves or birds chirping, selected by the user) into the aids. I personally don’t have that cognitive reduction in my tinnitus symptoms from wearing hearing aids but don’t doubt that some other users do. What I’m saying is that for many users including me, the ReSound Relief app and other similar programs is not worth paying extra for, because I don’t find it useful. To those who do, more power to 'em.

There seems to be some confusion here. The ReSound Relief app is a free app that works with any phone or hearing aid.

The tinnitus support that comes with the ReSound SmartFit fitting software is not the Relief app. That does get enabled separately and is charged for unless you DIY.

I hope this is more clear.

4 Likes

If someone hacks 2 HAs, and finds a difference that doesn’t exist, aren’t the results of the hacking questionable? Both the Nexia and Pro 20s claim tinnitus relief, but the hacker found it only in one model.

Maybe the Nexia 9 and Pro 20 are identical; I wouldn’t be shocked. I wouldn’t be shocked if they are different. They are certainly similar. But so far, the only ‘evidence’ presented to support identicality has been external, and that’s not good enough. If you look at external evidence alone, you won’t last long at a poker tournament…

BTW, Hearing Tracker’s comparison of the 2 brands shows a difference: CROS support in the Nexia but not in the Pro 20s.

Your “hacker source” is wrong, sorry but you don’t know what you talking about, removing the housing is not “hacking” anything! So just to clarify this for you, they both have the tinnitus controller built-in because they are exactly the device.

Be prepared to be shocked then, they are identical.

Again you don’t know what talking about, please do your research before posting incorrect information.

Yep, but that’s not because it can’t, a limitation from Costco like the tinnitus controller, so again not having a cros support doesn’t matter, cheers.

I’ve stated that the evidence you’ve produced is insufficient to prove the Nexia and Pro 20 are identical. The only research required to draw that conclusion is to read the evidence you’ve marshalled, and I’ve done that. Not only are your observations insufficient. You might also devote some energy to demonstrating that no alternative hypothesis can explain the observations.

You’ve misread my post. I stated I would NOT be shocked if the Pro 20s and Nexia 9s are identical.

But again, ReSound advertises Nexia’s CROS capability. Jabra doesn’t, as far as I can tell. Your ‘Jabra could if they wanted to’ means ‘not identical’, IMO. If a buyer needs CROS and buys Pro 20s because you keep claiming Pro 20s are identical to Nexia 9s … well, the 180 day return offers protection. But maybe the Pro 20s are CROS-capable, even though they don’t mention it.

I’m done with this argument. I think you’re pushing your knowledge beyond its limits, unless youre a well-placed ReSound employee. If you do provide inside ReSound knowledge, thanks.

Holy crap, it’s you again! You should be banned for your constant trolling on this, why on earth does it matter so much to you? It’s okay to be wrong,but to keep repeating that same mistake is just crazy, so I’m done and over with it as well, cheers

You’re right, I didn’t understand these were two separate technologies. So has anyone found “the tinnitus support that comes with ReSound SmartFit fitting software” to be worth paying for? Not being a smart aleck here; genuinely curious. I think that was enabled for my ReSound Quattro’s by my private audiologist, but I’m not sure now.

I called Jabra to ask about the new over the counter Jabra Enhance Select 500 and they confirmed that these Jabras where the Nexia 5s. The Jabra Enhance Pro 20s are the same as the Nexia 9s.

1 Like

The Resound Relief App is Free!

1 Like