Jabra Enhance Pro PM (Costco) vs Enhance Select 200 (OTC)

I’ve suffered from moderate hearing loss in the upper register for my whole life which has a been a big issue for me in group settings. Some 15 years ago I bought custom CIC hearing aids but hated them as they made everything sound “tinny” so only used them VERY occasionally then stopped altogether. I’ve now decided to bite the bullet and get RIC/RIE style hearing aids.

One thing that completely confuses me is the difference between the Costco branded Jabra Enhance Pro PM versus the OTC Jabra Enhance Select 200. It “seems” that both are essentially rebranded versions of the previous generation GN Resound One.

At full price they are basically the same cost. But I have certain discounts available to me that can get the OTC version down to $1500 or the Costco one to $1000. My gut says to just get the cheaper Costco one since they should effectively be the same hardware.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience comparing these two models? Any suggestions what I should do in my situation? Thanks in advance!

I hadn’t heard of the select until you commented. From the looks in their site they are just selling it direct and doing the adjustments themselves. It’s not quite otc if you need someone to adjust - but that might just be quibbling about language…

The current version of the Jabra at Costco is the 10 and is the same as the omnia I believe. I suspect the enhance select would be as well. If they are identical I’d go for the cheaper - particularly since you can meet with a person if you want and Costco will give you supplies - domes and wax guards, as well as cleanings, for free.

1 Like

I’m just realizing that the version sold at Costco in the US is the newer model 10 equivalent to the Omnia. The one I have access to is not in the US, apparently my Costco is still selling the PM version which is equivalent to the older One model. Although I would prefer the latest model, I think saving $700 might be worth getting this one since I only have moderate hearing damage. But I’m open to suggestions.

Maybe it’s worth asking your Costco if they’re going to get the Omnia equivalent any time soon. You don’t show your audiogram in your avatar (check out mine). Only certain types of mild to moderate loss can wear the M&RIE receiver. But I like wearing those receivers, which are ~equivalent to LP to MP receivers, when fitted with custom molds. With a Costco fitting, you might be able to get M&RIE receivers for the same price, if you qualify, and also get custom molds made by Costco for a good price. I’ve heard Costco charges $50 per mold, whereas my audi charges me $100 a pop. I don’t know if Costco does molds with Select-a-Vent, but that enables one to play around with different vent sizes and see how that affects your hearing. Why not get a free hearing test at Costco and see what they have to tell you? I wear Omnia 962s with M&RIE receivers and custom molds made by ReSound (I think Costco gets the molds made by the HA OEM, too) with the Select-A-Vent option. Besides the M&RIE receivers, I like being able to use disposable batteries since I had an issue at the end of my Quattro warranty period with replacement HA’s that didn’t have “like new” rechargeable batteries. Costco might be more aggressive in standing up for their customers than my audi was in dealing with ReSound about the replacement Quattros.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have another appointment next week. There’s a bit of a language barrier for me so my wife will come to translate. I did specify the M&RIE style for the ones I tried on this week, the technician specifically said there is the third microphone in the receiver so I assume that was correct. I was actually liking the idea of the open generic molds. I had CIC aids with custom molds previously and never liked them as there was a lot of whistling feedback and they needed to be cleaned “constantly.”

I will definitely ask whether the Omnia equivalnet is coming, although I think for the $700 difference, I the One version may be fine for me as I’ve lived all my life without aids, I primarily want them for group situations.

I’ll check how to upload my audiogram, but it’s roughly like yours but not quite so steep, I believe the technician said I’m -55 decibels in one ear and -43 in the other in the higher ranges.

In the US it was released late last year. They added a 10 to the model name.

1 Like

user483 isn’t in the U.S, knows the model difference, and janoth mentioned above that the newer model is designated with a 10. So, it’s mainly a matter of whether his Costco is ever going to get the “10” and whether it’s worth the wait.

2 Likes

I was initially confused by the “10” but quickly figured it out. I had assumed all Costcos worldwide would be offering the same versions but apparently not. Assuming the 10 becomes available at my local Costco and at the same price as in the US, I wonder if the $700 increase in price is worth it over the older model?

@prodigyplace is an Oticon More wearer, soon to be an Oticon Real wearer. @Ureout has worn both the ReSound One and now the ReSound Omnia, and now he’s trying the M&RIE receivers with the latter. So, he might be a good source of information on whether the Omnia actually makes much of a difference to a user over the One. According to ReSound, the Omnia has better forward beam-forming focus in difficult listening situations than the One (Front Focus vs. UltraFocus), i.e., a better SNR for picking out speech in noise and truer 360-degree all-around listening in the All-Around program (they reduced the head shadow effect). IIRC, ReSound also claims to have substantially improved the speed of automatic environmental program switching according to environmental sound changes.
Since I’ve never worn the ReSound Ones, I have no opinion on whether the Omnia is a substantial improvement over the One.

2 Likes

@Ureout Would be really interested in your experience comparing Resound One vs Omnia. My local Costco (not in US) currently offers the Jabra Enhance Pro PM (equivalent to the One) for $1000. So I could get that or wait for the Pro 10 (Omnia) to get released here but I would assume the price would be similar to the US at $1700. So is it worth the additional $700 and the wait for the Omnia? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I believe when they changed in the US, the price remained the same. Here is a photo of the Resound One equivalents when they were sold here.

2 Likes