Jabra enhance pro firmware update

So I’m looking at my jabras and saw there was a firmware update (smart fit told me). However I could not find anything out about it. Anyone have any ideas? The current was 4.x and the new is 9.x. Seems quite a jump but then again, as evidenced by the way they number their software versions, it could mean nothing ;).

Before updating I’d like to find out what it is for…

Maybe call the Costco Hearing Aid Center that you got the Jabras from and ask them? I’ve always found the folks at Costco very up front with HA stuff (I bought several of my ReSound accessories there by special order and got a reduced price vs. what my audi would have charged). And if you do call Costco, let us know the result! :slightly_smiling_face:

I have an appt next week so will bring it up. Mentioned it last appt and I am not sure she knew but…:man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have a Live Assistance followup with my Costco fitter on Monday. I’ll ask about it then.

I do remember doing a firmware update through the Smart 3D app with my Prezas, but don’t see any firmware update in the Jabra app.

I just concluded my Live Assistance session with my Costco fitter, and 4.x (she listed off about 4 more digits) is the latest firmware. Mine didn’t need or get an update.

1 Like

That is interesting. Mine are at 4.x and the smart fit program said there was a 9.x update last week. Weird… I have an appt Wed where I’ll ask.

My wife just received a pair of Jabra Enhance Pro PM’s from Costco a couple of weeks ago. I purchased the Noahlink wireless and installed the Resound Smart Fit software on my PC for DIY programming. However, I have not yet connected to them. Since its release at Costco, has there been a firmware update to the Jabra’s? If so what is the latest version number and is it available for download from the internet? I understand Resound One 9’s have since been updated with version 9.xx.xx. Considering the Jabra’s are just rebranded Resound One 9’s, can the Resound One firmware be loaded and used in the Jabra’s? Also, would self installing any new firmware result in cancellation of Costco Warrantee? .

In regards to warranty and such - I told my HIS that I was going to diy (well, asked if it was ok ;). She was OK with it so no worries on that and updates. Updating is generally available in the app so wouldn’t void the warranty.

In the smart fit pc program it said there was an update to 9.x although not on the ios app. I did update but didn’t notice any differences…

My wife was shopping for new glasses today in Costco so to kill time, I stopped by the Hearing Aid Center. I asked whether there was a firmware update coming along that would bring bidirectional calling (handsfree) for the Jabras and the reply that I got the firmware update was still being worked on and to expect it sometime around February to March, 2022.

I pulled up a scanned PDF copy of my 2018 audiogram on my smartphone (the one in my HT avatar) and asked the Costco tech whether I could wear the M&RIE receivers. He said it wouldn’t be recommended for my loss because an open fit was recommended for my good low frequency hearing but I’d get a lot of feedback with an open fit given my moderately severe high frequency loss. I pointed out that I was already wearing an almost occlusive fit with custom silicone molds and a 0.5-1.0 mm vent in each mold. I didn’t care about “natural” sound and felt that I got better directionality (when I wanted it) and better noise control, better speech understanding, from a more closed fit. He said then that they could try a more closed fit with molds if I didn’t care about “natural” sound. I pulled out my left receiver and showed him the mold is rather small, with just enough space for a standard Quattro MP receiver and 4 mm bore Select-A-Vent hole to accept various size vent plugs. He got a M&RIE receiver out and the main thing that I noticed was that it seemed to be longer but not that much thicker than my current MP standard receiver. I suggested that if the mold were just made with a fixed 1 mm vent hole (no larger bore to accommodate the Select-A-Vent scheme) that then there might be enough space for the M&RIE receiver. He also said that if I didn’t want acrylic molds, they could have silicone molds specially made for me and that their molds for the Jabras are made by ReSound. When I asked about trying the M&RIE receivers and seeing if I was happy with them, returning the whole shebang if it didn’t work out, he allowed that that was possible but didn’t seem too happy to have a customer proposing that-perhaps because he’d already advised against the M&RIE receivers for other reasons than the available space in my left ear mold - so he’s got a customer on two counts pushing against the grain. Still going to wait to see what new HA’s are released by the major brands in the coming year - and waiting for possible derivative versions to show up at Costco could certainly extend the wait!

In regards to the molds, I got a similar line about my low frequency hearing but for the m&rie and comfort I tried the molds. I have the select a vent which starts at about 4mm so I don’t see why you can’t have them. I have somewhat small ears and have no issue.

I found talking to the manager about possible returns gets pushback, probably due to the fact that they do numbers. My HIS could care less about returns :wink:

2 Likes

My wife has open fit domes with M&RIE with absolutely NO feedback issues.

Yes it depends on how much loss and where. Once you get to higher levels, you wind up with more constraints on the m&rie.

Jim, I’ve found major differences in both competence and responsiveness across three Costco hearing aid centers. The one I found thanks to a member here [thanks again Jay] gets top marks for both. My fitter has been terrific about trying both standard and MRIE receivers, and swapping out the #2 for the #3 wire length, all without hesitation. Given your request to try MRIS is reasonable, if you have access to another Costco hearing center its worth a try.