Jabra Enhance Pro App

When I purchased the Jabra Enhance Pro 10s a year ago my Costco HAS installed both a restaurant and a front focus program, but they were pretty similar, so I used the front focus in a yoga class with background noise when I wanted to hear the instructor’s voice more clearly. But at my last adjustment a couple of months ago, I had him add a music program and told him to remove the restaurant program. I assume he updated the firmware and when I got home (the Costco is 60 miles away) I realized the front focus program had been replaced with a hear-in-noise program, which to me is a total waste of time. It doesn’t have the adjustable speech focus beam but only the usual speech or noise controls like every other program. Does anyone know if the front focus program has been discontinued, and if so, why?

Are you saying the app previously was allowing you to adjust the focus? I don’t see that option when I downloaded the current app.

I was researching the jabras to grt them in my next costco appointment and while doing that I read somewhere one person saying that they replaced the focus and the restaurant with the hear-in-noise which made it useless. So it might be an irreversible “update” from the new firmware I guess.

The only thing to do is provide jabra with this feedback, so they may reconsider. Also maybe if someone with a ReSound Omnia or Nexia can confirm if that update also landed to their devices or not.

Edit: fiund the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/HearingAids/comments/192iyof/im_done_with_my_jabra_10_enhanced_pros/

There is a bunch of adjustments that can be made to the hearing aids by the HCP, including multiple adjustments to the focus settings.

For example, the Jabra pro 20 has 6 different directionality settings, some with 3 additional sub-focus settings.

What is unclear to me is has there been a change in the app, as I don’t see any way to adjust the focus in the current app.

Since piques46 lives 60 miles away from the local Costco. I would have had Costco set up the hearing aid for remote fittings if possible. I also would have had Costco install all 4 programs, one for general, two programs for different settings in hear in noise, and one for music.

If hear in noise is more important than music, I would have Costco use three out of the four program settings with different focus settings, at least until the best two hear in noise settings gets narrowed down.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. That’s what I find frustrating and wonder why the replacement app won’t allow that. If it’s’automatic’ It doesn’t do a very good job.

If you’re using android have you tried installing an older version of the App, just to see what it offers in that regard.

I’m using an iPhone 12.

I don’t know why they removed the focus adjustment. I guess you could have Costco call their Jabra support contact and have them ask for you.

In the mean while, I would have Costco remove the music program for now and install three hearing in noise programs with different focus settings for you to try, narrow, medium and wide focus. You should be able to get it narrowed down to two and then have Costco reinstall the music program if you want.

Note your Costco hearing provider can rename the program with the focus setting that works for yoga to “yoga”. So you will know where it’s at in the Jabra app.

You might also want to try remote fittings. If you and Costco can get to work, that would make adjustments a whole lot more convenient.

1 Like