Jabra Enhance Pro 20 / Resound Nexia 9 compatibility

How compatible are these two?

1. Can the EP 200 be programmed with Smart Fit? I already have the Nexia and am considering using the EP 20 as a backup.

2. If I use the EP 20 for experimenting, would it be possible to transfer a successful fit to the Nexia?

Again interesting questions, but no I don’t think the OTC version is for SmartFit, doesn’t that one use the App for adjustments?so you wouldn’t be able to transfer the settings unfortunately.

I have now found several topics on the forum indicating that Jabra hearing aids can actually be programmed with Smartfit. I believe you answered a question afirmative from @njk asking whether Smartfit works with Jabra Enhance Pro 20 on the Resound Smart Fit Software Download topic. So Smartfit seems to work with Jabra hearing aids.

I have read a lot of reviews on the Jabra EP 20, and the only diiference I have found so far is that the Jabra does not have support for tinitus treatment. Whether data can be easily transferred between Jabra and Resound hearing aids is of course another question. But if Smartfit works with Jabra it may be a good idea to use the Jabra aid as a practise and backup aid.

I know that I am probably thinking out of the box before I even know the box, since I am a newbie to both wearing and programming hearing aids, but asking the questioons now will probably save me both time and money. Thank you for your patience.

I believe that SmartFit does recognise the Jabra Enhance Pro 20. The Jabra devices are just rebadged Resound hearing aids, whereas some Resound manufactured aids eg Amplifon badged versions, need a special version of SmartFit.

And I believe the Jabra ads do have the same tinnitus facility programmed in, but Costco never activated that (because of the potential cost of multiple refittings for people who want it to work better than it does). But anyone with SmartFit can turn the tinnitus support on in a Jabra Enhance Pro 20.

I think you would be able to copy the fitting of one aid type to the other.

I suspect that you may have confused @tenkan by your reference to the Jabra EP200, whatever that might be, which is why he refers to OTC aids which use different software I think.

1 Like

Some states have requirements for treating tinnitus that most Costco providers don’t meet. I suspect that’s a big part of Costco’s decision not to turn on the tinnitus features. The cost issues is probably part of that, but some big markets for HAs require some sort of doctorate, and that’s got to be another. In fact, cost and degree requirement dovetail pretty well as deterrents to treating tinnitus.

Sorry for the typo and the confusion it may have caused.

Yes he got me there.

No problem, you now know it’s possible and that the Jabra are a viable option.

@tenkan I Learned today (in classifieds, looking for beltone serene 17s) that Jabra Enhanced Pro 20s, are identical in every way to my Beltone Serene 17s. Is there DIY software for Jabra Enhanced Pro 20s available? I want a backup pair. I don’t think the jabras will connect to Solus max

Yes correct, the Beltone are exactly the same as well, the Jabra are using ReSound SmartFit software, you’ll need the Noahlink which I presume you already have.

1 Like