Jabra Enhance Pro 20 Bluetooth disconnect issues

I recently got my EP 20s from Costco. These are my 1st BT HAs. I’ve had pairing issues with my Android Google Pixel 6 phone. The Google Pixel 6 was listed by Jabra as compatible. In the last 5 days, I’ve had the HAs partially disconnect when I initiate a call; the other party can hear me, but I can’t hear them. The only remedy is to unpair and then restart the pairing process. I also have problems with extended calls of over a few minutes; the receive audio starts to break up. The TV Streamer 2 was also difficult to pair and sometimes looses pairing. Sometimes, just shutting off the TV and turning it on again will resolve the problem, though not always.

I am in the process of talking to my Costco rep about this and playing phone tag but wondered if others are having similar issues.

2 Likes

Oticon and ReSound iPhone users had BT connection issues with iOS 16.x but iOS 17.x largely seems to have cured those problems, at least for me. It was an “iPhone separation” issue. If you stayed away from your iPhone for many minutes, the BT connection would be lost, and a reboot of one’s HAs would fix the problem. Rebooting your HAs doesn’t fix your connection problem?

Perhaps one advantage of Apple devices is there is a unified hardware/software ecosystem whereas with Android, each OEM is free to customize their implementation of an Android phone, which leads to a lot of troublesome variety (when things don’t work) - but a lot of user choice when things do work - freedom from the walled garden, etc.

2 Likes

There has been a similar Bluetooth problem between Resound aids and iPhone 15 Pro which has apparently just been fixed in betas of IOS 17.2 (but I haven’t read yet anyone confirming that the release version of IOS 17.2 is ok).

Happens to me occasionally. Only have to turn off then on BT. Don’t have to re-pair.

3 Likes

My new Google Pixel 7a with Android 14 and Bluetooth 5.3 does exactly what you describe at times. I am bilateral with Cochlear Kanso 2 processors at this time.
Coming ng from the Pixel 3 with Android 12 that did not have this issue.

There is something wrong with the newest Bluetooth it appears. What I do to fix it is while on the phone I turn Bluetooth off and back on, works every time. This newer Bluetooth has a longer range and is much clearer when functioning.

Hopefully there is an update coming to fix this.

1 Like

Raudrive, Thanks. I’ll try that if and when it happens again. I did find that when I paired again, I also paired with the TV Streamer 2 again. An added bonus, but it indicates a BT issue, I think.

Does anyone have an error-free connection with a different make of Android phone? Turning BT off and on again is simple, if that’s all it takes, but it is one more hassle. I prefer to stay away from Apple.

The TV streamer uses a different Bluetooth than phone calls. I have not had any issues with the TV streamer myself.
Streaming music from the phone is not affected either. It seems to be only on phone calls.

2 Likes

I have the JE Pro 20 and have similar problems using my Samsung s22+ when I stream podcast/music,. after listening for a while it stops working, like a buffer had gotten filled and not refreshing. At this point restart my phone. My phone is on Android 14, One UI, Bluetooth PBAP version 1.2 and BT MAP 1.4 version.

Apple is better but not perfect. I use the Jabra app to mute my HAs during commercials, so my iphone is always within reach. Every so often, the phone and one of my HAs will get disconnected - annoying, but far less annoying than my Samsung S20 5G (not listed by ReSound as ‘compatible’) lost connection several times a night, responded slowly, etc…
My connection to the TV Streamer 2 is solid, unless I take too long finding a show I want to watch. At that point. the HAs decided I’m no longer streaming, and they switch back to the previous HA program. I sometimes appreciate that behavior.

I have the Jabra Enhance Pro 20 HAs and my Apple iPhone is an older version (iPhone 7). The bluetooth has NEVER disconnected for me so far in the 16 days I have had the Jabras.

Jim G

1 Like

The essential thing: If you are on Android, your choices are limited. While iPhones have a certain connection with many hearing aids, Androids don’t.
That also means that when you are on the phone, you can only HEAR the other person, but have to use the phone’s microphone. I also had to find this out the ardous way.
The only brand that I know which uses classic Bluetooth is Phonak. I got them and I am in heaven, especially when it comes to phone calls.
Unfortunately the guys at Costco do not ask you what phone you have - it will save you a lot of runaround and headscratching and why-is-this-not-working…

My experience with Pro 10s was that I did not need to use the phone’s mic when I was on my Android phone. I don’t know if tapping any button allowed me to answer, refuse, or end a call, but my phone could be a couple of feet of more away from my mouth, and I could be heard with ease by the person I was talking with.

That was with a phone that is not on ReSound’s/Jabra’s/etc. compatibility list.

When I was getting the Jabra HAs and explained to the Costco tech that I wanted to use them with my cell phone, he downloaded the list of phones that Jabra said the Pro 20s would work with. The phone I was using at the time was not compatible and I got the Pixel 6 because it was on the list. Lately, it seems to be working ok. Time will tell. I have a few days left on the return policy.

I am on a Pixel 6a. “Compatible” does not mean that you can do hands-free calling!
A simple test will show you:
Get on the phone with someone, then put your Pixel in your backpocket, or walk away from it into another room. Then decide if you want to keep them.

I am also having issues with the Bluetooth LE audio on my Pro 20’s and Samsung S23 Ultra. LE stays connected even when the aids are in the charger, yet they can’t pick up a phone call fast enough to keep me from fumbling to turn off bluetooth so I can hear the caller. You can turn off LE audio, but then they don’t stream, just communicate with the app. I think they rushed these to market to be the first. I am hoping for a firmware update to get this working right. :unamused:

1 Like

Yea, same issue with Resound One’s,.the equivalent to the Jabra Enhance Pro. Just when it starts working well, i get a Samsung or T-Mobil update, and back to working pitiful again.
Does anyone have a auracast compatible phone and the new Pro 20? I would buy new aids and a new Samsung s23 if i believed it worked as described, but i already feel burned by this connection issue and dont trust Resound/Jabra to speak the truth. If you ask them, standard bt works great, which we know is a total lie.
My TV streamer works great though, and is 100% connected any time i tutn in my TV.

Hi MLS. I have Resound One/Jabra Enhance Pros that I purchased online through Lively (on sale, and very good experience which I plan to post about another time). However I too had disconnect issues. Multiple times during the day, I would get a notification that one or both of the HAs was disconnected. At the time I was using a Samsung Galaxy S10.

You have not indicated which version of Android OS you have. If you have version 12 or lower, that is most likely the problem. There is a known issue with older versions of Android and Lively even provides a “work around” in their documentation. It involves, as you mention, re-pairing the phone and HAs. It turns out the work around is overkill, and all I did to resolve was to turn on airplane mode, turn off Bluetooth, turn airplane mode off and turn Bluetooth back on. Never had to “reboot”, pair and un-pair anything.

I have since upgraded to Samsung S21 with Android 13 (upgrade to 14 imminent). I have not had a single disconnect since running Android 13 for several months. I do notice occasionally some “wonky-ness” when streaming where left side or right side will briefly cut out but then quickly comes back. This does not happen often however and it’s no big deal.

I don’t have any accessories for TV etc.; I just use cordless headphones over the aids if I need to keep TV sound to myself.

Good luck.

Interesting since i have the same phone and aids and currently have bt issues everyntime i try to use. It was working well for the last 6 months or so, but after an update, its just pitiful and frustrating. I even filed a complaint with the feds for medical devices that dont preform as advertised or claimed. I received a reply they are looking into it, but wont hold my breath since its government.

Maybe you should file a complaint with the feds for phone devices that don’t work as advertised, too. My iPhone 14 Pro Max with iOS 17.2 works great with my ReSound Omnias. Maybe it’s your phone and Google and not your HAs?