Jabra 20's and wind noise

Just a fyi. These aids are the worst for wind noise. After a recent hair cut, just moving my head from side to side causes loud rustling sounds. In my car, just the AC blowing on low also causes a lot of wind noise. Walking outside in a mild breeze is impossible. Just another reason why im returning them…
Anyone else experience this? And yes, I tried all of the different programs, even Outdoors, and no difference
Not sure if its my high gains or the aids but my One’s arent as bad with wind. Will be trying the Phillips next

Sounds like the aids aren’t adjusted correctly.

Had 2 adjustments already. They want me in for another but im just going to return them.
Not sure if its just that Costco is crap for experienced HIS’s or just the one im going to is crap, or if my hearing loss is to much for the experience have, or dont have

I have been using Oticon aids for 14 years, I haven’t had a bad experience with wind in any of the aids that I have worn. Or maybe wind noise just doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

I have Jabra 20s. For my ‘Outside’ program, wind noise suppression is set to the maximum. When riding in a golf cart, riding a bike, or walking on a windy day, I get a lot of wind noise.

I also get a lot of ‘head’ noise unless I adjust them. It’s the nature of the beast.

1 Like

I wonder if the MRIE receivers have an influence on wind noise… Did you have regular receivers or the MRIE?

The fitter said I was not a candidate for the mries.

I think the wind noise handling in my Philips 9040 is pretty good. However, some of the issue may depend on how much amplification you need.

The 9040 is much better then the Bernafon hearing aids that are now setting in the dresser drawer.

Try the Philips. Hopefully, the 9050 will be out in September.

1 Like

Wind noise reduction doesnt seem to do anything. Doesnt bother me too much because the wind noise is no worse than without the HAs. The rustling sound is hair rubbing on the mics. But I dont understand why the wind noise reduction is an option in every program including Music.

1 Like

I find the noise reduction button on all programs helps a lot with wind noises. Cuts out air conditioner noise wonderfully. Good luck finding a solution. Even if that means trying another HA.

1 Like