Jabra 20 - Help With Streaming Sound

I’ve had the Jabra 20s since about mid-February of this year. My fitter set me up with Tulip domes. I use a Resound TV Streamer 2 and have an iPhone SE that I frequently stream from for music and radio shows. Overall I am OK with how the Jabra’s function for typical use, but I am having some sound quality issues with streaming (understand that hearing aids are not great for streaming). When I stream through the TV streamer or stream talk radio from my phone, I seem to hear a high pitched trilly cricket sound toward the end of sentences for some voices (not all voices). I will usually turn on the Bass Boost when using TV Streamer which increases the bass and lowers the treble in the App’s Sound Enhancer and do this manually in Sound Enhancer when streaming though my phone. Seems to help a bit, but not eliminate the cricket sound.
My fitter at Costco tried to help me with this by changing the “TV-Streaming Bass Boost” in the Smartfit software from “Mild” to “Moderate”. This does not seemed to have made much of a difference. I suppose next step would be to change it to “Strong” setting?
For some reason, when streaming music from my phone I do not find the sound quality objectionable overall or notice the cricket sound.
My questions:
Could someone explain what this function in the software actually does? While streaming, does it set a baseline bass at a higher level and then if I make changes to the bass in the App’s Sound Enhancer would that be in addition to the higher base baseline? Does it do anything to the treble?
These topics may have been addressed already.
Also, would switching from tulip to a closed/vented dome potentially help (decrease bass leakage)?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks for the help and support on this journey.

Usually, if I hear high-pitched trilly sounds, it means I’m getting some feedback. Have you checked out whether it’s ear-specific? If you hear it while streaming but not while listening to environmental sounds, perhaps it’s related to the relative volume of the two sound sources. I’m not very familiar with settings, but isn’t your streaming volume controlled by your iPhone media/podcast player/TV Streamer volume while your environmental sound loudness would be controlled by separate settings in the 3D app or Apple’s hearing devices interface?

I’ve had feedback issues at times, but they seem to sound a bit different to me (not to say it’s not related to feedback). I do not believe it is ear specific although I will test this further. I will have to play around a bit more with the relative volumes of the two sound sources to see if that plays a role.
Thanks for the thoughts on this.

While streaming, the sound takes on the settings in the fitting software for the program you are in. Because of this I get different sounds streaming in All Around, Hear in Noise, Music and Outdoor programs.

FYI, I get a much brighter sound in the music program… and I have additionally increased bass and treble gains in the fitting software in that program.

I can then adjust the Streaming function through the Sound Enhancer and Streaming Focus and Hear All. The Streaming Bass Boost slider in the fitting software goes on top of, or maybe under, (in addition to) what changes you make in the Streaming functions Sound Enhancer. It does not effect treble. .

Do you get crickets streaming in all your programs?
Does changing volume effect the amount of crickets? If it was just in the TV Streamer I would have suggested turning down the streamer volume and increasing the phone volume.

Yes this will decrease bass leakage. Personally, I switched to power domes. I do not mind the occlusion effect as I have worn Jabra earbuds for years before their hearing aids.

I played around with the different App programs and it does seem that I can eliminate my perception of a cricket sound by streaming under the Music program (as compared to streaming under All Around). I don’t love the sound under the existing settings for Music, but I can improve this by manually increasing bass and decreasing treble with Sound Enhancer. Thanks for bringing this up.
During my upcoming appointment I will likely have the fitter increase gain at the lower frequencies in the software for Music program.
Regarding the Streaming Bass Boost slider in the fitting software, the following is still a bit unclear to me on how it functions:
If it is changed from “Moderate” to “Strong”, will this also impact the environmental sound bass (assuming I leave the “Surroundings” microphones unmuted)?
Thanks.

I increased the gain from 125hz-750hz

Good question. I am not sure. I would not think so as they mics and the stream are from different sources.