I've given up on hearing. just hope cochlear implant

I’m in Indonesia. It is very difficult for us Indonesians to experience deafness, since December 2016, I have experienced sudden deafness. and now my hearing, one by one begins to die,

I have been trying to get implants for several years, but here there is no government or private insurance that covers them.

I want to find an implant solution. in this group I hope someone reads and has a solution to my problem.

I am an implant user here, you are not alone!

I haven’t had an implant yet

I don’t have a solution, but maybe a transcribing app could help.

There are several apps that can be loaded on phones that will transcribe what people are saying. This could help with communication.

Here are a few examples:

Best wishes,
Dave

3 Likes

Are you saying that you do not have the money for cochlear implants? And your government will not help? No insurance through your job?

The app Dave mentioned might be a great thing for you.

Maybe another member from your part of the world knows something that can help you.
Good luck

thanks a lot deve, i use livetranskip for android. but it is often not true and appropriate. so frustrating.

yes right, even there is no installment program in Indonesia, I am very frustrated with hearing now. the word test is below 20%, I only guessed 1 word during the test, and that may be true coincidence.

I hope someone knows about a cohlear implant that I can pay for maybe 10 years. ?

1 Like

Have you been on the Cochlea Indonesia Facebook page? They may have some suggestions that might help your situation.

Also have you contacted this group?

https://www.right-to-hear-foundation.ch/en/projects/indonesia.html

Good luck to you.

1 Like

thanks, I just found out. i will study this. will i have a chance here…

this is useless. the website is too outdated, I tried to contact him. can’t anymore