Issues with Phonak iCom (long)

Most comments seem to cover the points raised, but one solution with the TV would be to use a scart cable connection if the tv has a scart facility. My Icoms both came with a selection of leads including Scart and 3.5mm jackplugs. I use a Scart downstairs but use the Jackplug in my office so as not to disturb any one.

You can also charge the Icom whilst using it, I do in the car or at home. Just buy any small USB type charger and it can be used to charge’n listen!! I bought two Icoms so they would last all day in the car but subsequently found you can plug them in via the auxillary charger point and a suitable lead whilst driving. I do not know if the batteries are effected by ‘memory charging’ so I always use them until they bleep at me that the battery is low.

I also struggled to hear what was being said in noisy enviroments when using the Icom so my Audio turned the microphone down quite a lot. I hear much better but my good lady recons I tend to talk extremely loadly when I use them on the phone. The moral being that sometimes you just cannot win!

I use mine for 9 hrs, as I work and I am connected to my Bluetooth home phone and cell all day, a 45min quick charge at noon, and then 3 hrs at 6.00pm, then I can TV link from 9 to 12pm no problem, so it seems for sure that you may have a dud.

I have the Audeo Smart 5’s and my Audiologist can turn of the mics while in bluetooth. There is a setting for this. This makes all the difference for me!!!

doc audio, thanks for another VERY helpful post.

You add a lot to this forum.

and many of us (I’ll bet) appreciate it.

But the thing is you don’t need to buy the FM shoes to fit your aids when using the icom,because when you plug the FM receiver(mlxi) into the the 3pin plug at the bottom of the icom the icom sends the FM signal to the hearing aids Tcoil,also over 90% of phonak aids can use FM and all the Nadia models for sure.