Issues Streaming Bluetooth with Phonak ComPilot

I recently obtained new Phonak hearing aids (Audéo S SMART V) together with the Phonak ComPilot and TVLink S. I have issues with the ComPilot when streaming Bluetooth to the HAs from either the TVLink or music from my iPhone. Occasionally, the HAs will intermittently cut out, be periodically garbled, or go sporadically silent when listening to streaming Bluetooth. Turning the ComPilot off and back on will always “solve” the issue. Until the next time.

My audi initially exchanged my ComPilot and TVLink S, and when the symptoms persisted with the replaced units exchanged my HAs. With the replaced HAs the frequency of the Bluetooth streaming issues seem to have decreased, but they still occur. Have others experienced such issues with the ComPilot? Is there a solution?

Overall, I am delighted with the ComPilot and the HAs. For the first time in many many years I am able to enjoy stereo music. My hearing is poor in both ears, but much worse in one ear than the other such that I can not hear stereo with conventional headsets.

I have Unitron Moxy Pro aids and use their uDirect2 and uTV2 modules which look identical to the Phonak units. (Same Parent Company) Same as you I’m getting the occasional drop outs and garbled audio when streamimg that seem to clear up when I power cycle.

I have had the same problems,sometimes the compilot gets turned sideways and will lose the signal, Distance from the tvlink plays into it also.my compilot always comes bak itself.

Get an extension audio cable and move the TVlink closer to you and see if the problems go away. I have a Oticon Streamer and have never had any luck with Bluetooth and any Apple products staying connected and always use the patch cord that came with the Streamer to connect to Apple products.

Likewise, I have never been able to make a reliable Bluetooth connection between my ComPilot and Apple iMac or iBook, so use a patch cord for video conferencing using Apple products. This seems to be an Apple problem, not a Phonak or Oticon issue. But I’ve no problems with the iPhone Bluetooth connection with the ComPilot, other than the occasional problems initially mentioned.

Yes, the Moxy uDirect2 and uTV2 appear identical to the Phonak ComPilot and TVLink S. Since I have this issue with both the TVlink and iPhone, I assume the TVlink/uTV is not the problem. Does the Unitron Moxy Pro share programming with the Phonak Audéo S SMART? If not, the problem lies with ComPilot/uDirect2. But how to resolve this issue?

I have the problem with my uTV2, but never my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket phone. Not sure if the programming is the same or not with the Phonaks and Unitrons.

I wear the Naida S III UP’s in both ears and have the Phonak Com Pilot also. I’ve had it for a few months now and I have the same annoying problem with it cutting in and out. At first it seemed like it was mostly happening with the connection with my phone if I was listening to music thru my phone and moving around alot. But now it’s happening pretty frequently even when I am just sitting still watching TV. Even if I hook up the direct audio cable to my phone it still cuts in and out occasionally. I don’t know what to do about this, it is quite frustrating. Nice to know I’m not the only one with this problem, and it must not be my hearing aids that are the problem- but it’s the Com Pilot.

Has anyone contacted Phonak about this issue?

I’m a newbie; just purchased from Costco Company bernafon chronos hearing aids & also their wireless bluetooth soundgate; Their TV adapter cost add’l $150. Can I purchase a compatible bluetooth TV adapter less expensively elsewhere? Best Buy & Radio Shack never heard of any type of such adapter. Our TV = Toshiba, Model # 46G300U1. I’m grateful for any help you can give me. Sincerely, lakewater.