Is there any way to use Roger technology with Opn hearing aids

Is there any way to use Roger technology (Roger pen) with Opn hearing aids

Depends what Opn Aids you have!

The Opn BTE Aids can have audio shoes attached.

The Opn RIC Aids, you need the EduMic and then a Roger X attached to the EduMic. You would then need to carry the EduMic in your pocket for it to all link together.

1 Like

Thanks, Zebra. Never even heard of EduMic

You can also use the Roger NeckLoop if your OPN has telecoil. They are under $150 so it’s not an expensive solution. It’s not as slick as a direct connection via a boot as one has to select their telecoil program before using.

1 Like

I have MyLink, but Opn aids rarely have T-coil ( my opinion)

OPN aids are available with t-coil. Wish everyone knew about the benefits.

So would it be possible for me to get audio shoes and use roger devices with my NHS engage hearing aids?

@Phoebe

It’s not common at all for audio shoes to be given out on the NHS.

It’s awesome when it works. In my experience, places that advertise t-coil actually don’t have it turned on or it doesn’t work, which is a shame. In all my years of wearing hearing aids, I have only used or attempted to use t-coil a handful of times.

Used it on Broadway, NY once and it was amazing. I was able to hear the performers on stage with clarity with simply just turning on t-coil from a specific seating area in the theatre. Just a shame the West End hasn’t really followed suit with their accessibility and effective use of t-coil.

I agree. When I used audio shoes, these were supplied by my education providers, but I got some once many years ago and I purchased from Connevans.

T-coils also provide a crucial interface with other large area listening systems like FM and Infrared that you’re likely to find at the movies, church, arenas, etc so you can use those systems to send sound into your hearing aids.