Is there a way of easy accessing the myPhonak App on an iPhone?

I’ve trialled the Oticon Xceed and quite liked the triple click feature of the iPhone to access volume etc for the hearing aids.

I’m now using Phonak Sky M70 and use the myPhonak Junior App and was wondering if there was a way of accessing the App without having to unlock iPhone etc? Or is there a way of setting up a widget for the iPhone and the myPhonak App?

2 Likes

I don’t have your hearing aids. I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s

I use myPhonak App on my iPhone 10SE

Checking to see the name of the APP, myPhonak Junior comes up…I’ve never used it.

I hope this helps.
DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

I don’t know either of the HA’s. But, I’m guessing the Oticon Xceed were MFI, which gave you directly accessed the Accessibility shortcut for HA’s.

So, I’m (still) guessing that the Phonak Shy M70’s are not MFI and therefore no Accessibility shortcut. At the moment, there is no way of accessing anything that is not currently listed in the ‘Control Centre’ (which are accessible while the phone is locked), including widgets.

There is an alternative if you have Siri activated. You can ask her to start the myPhonak App, by name. This does work (just tested). This also implies that you are running face detection, and your phone is already unlocked on the way in.

1 Like

Thanks @BrBarry yes the Oticon Xceed are MFi.

Can I ask, do your Paradise allow you to hold a HA button down to ask to ring someone? I would say ‘ring dad’ with the ComPilot and it would ring my dad. Maybe it’s related to Siri?

My ComPilot allowed that but can’t work out if the Marvel or Paradise allow that?

My hearing aids are basically the Phonak Bolero Marvel 70 SP hearing aids.

The Sky is just the child’s version but they are near enough the Bolero but not quite the same.

:slight_smile:

I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s and an iPhone 10SE. I can dial using Siri on my iPhone. I can also call using my iWatch using Siri. My phone is paired to my car; I can call using the proper procedure on my car steering wheel. Subaru Forester. However, my phone must be cabled to the car…

DaveL
Toronto

I used to have Phonak B70’s and a ComPilot. I didn’t know it would do that! I find the Paradise hearing aids are far superior and easier to use than the old ones were. However, I had many setup issues with my previous audiologist. My issues may have been setup related with the old hearing aids I replaced.

As @DaveL said, the ComPilot and Paradise don’t work the same for phone calls.
When you paired the ComPilot with your phone, it asked you to share your contact list with it. This allowed you to make phone calls from the ComPilot.

The new P90’s don’t have your contact list available to access. As was said, you can use Siri to make the call. As you rightly pointed out, is a much earlier post on Tap Control (yes it doesn’t work on the P90’s), you can short press to answer a call and long press to reject/end call.

@BrBarry

@DaveL

That’s a shame. Never mind. I’m still enjoying these new hearing aids. Much better then the M50 I tried a while ago.

Just realised these Sky M70 SP are actually equal to the Naida M70 SP rather then the Bolero.

1 Like

Worked out if I put the Phonak App at the bottom, it’s a lot easier to access.

Also the App connects within 2 seconds as well. Not sure if that’s because of it being a Junior myPhonak App?

3 Likes

WOW - Just tried your trick of moving the Phonak App to the bottom and “it appears” to connect a couple of seconds quicker than when NOT on the bottom portion of the screen…

Might just be wishful thinking on my part, but you might be onto something.

Will experiment a bit more to verify if your trick really does consistantly speedup the bluetooth connection…Thanks

2 Likes

Tried that as well with “My Phonak”, and it appears to load much faster @Zebras… Thank You :grin:

2 Likes

Excellent.
I’ll do that too.

DaveL
Toronto

2 Likes

@DaveL

@kevels55

@berettadm1

Oh wow, that’s good it’s faster for you people as well.

Just realised I can get the App working on both my work iPhone and my personal iPhone.

Just need to turn Bluetooth off on on the one I’m not using.

1 Like

I’m quite impressed that I’ve had no break up of calls/audio when outside and no where near any buildings. I was a bit worried that it’ll be an issue with what I’ve been reading. I even put my iPhone in my Jean/pant pockets and my body didn’t stop the signal either.

3 Likes

I do not recall @Zebras me having a problem outside whilst streaming phone calls, in my pocket or not, it makes no difference…… I have had the odd problem inside, in very loud background noise (say in a pub) when I couldn’t hear the caller, but they apparently could hear me, moving to a quieter location always solved this…. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55

I might be wrong but it seems to be more of an issue with the Audeo range. I wonder if it’s because the body of the Aid is so small? I have no idea but it’s spoken a lot on this forum that the Bluetooth signal outside is not so great.

2 Likes

Hi @Zebras, I have tested this only with the Roger Inspiro’s, and Naida P90 UP’s (2 x Roger X 02 licenses) whilst out walking the dogs with my wife Elspeth, I was good for approximately 20ft, before she started breaking up…. The transmitter might be larger on the Inspiro’s? I haven’t tried/tested it (distance wise) with a streamed phone call, or indeed any other Roger devices…. Cheers Kev :wink:

@kevels55 20 feet!!! :confused:

1 Like

That’s not the Roger On, I am referring too @Baltazard, that is outside with the Roger Inspiro, tis older Tech, but fairly good clarity. I have never tried my Roger On or Select, at distance outside or indeed inside, I will try it at some point in the future, I might give it a go tomorrow, and see wot like :wink:

1 Like

You can extend the rang if your HA’s are Roger Direct.

2 Likes