Is there a way of easy accessing the myPhonak App on an iPhone?

Hi @Baltazard, I tried the Roger On today, and Roger Select whilst out walking the dogs, with my wife… Roger on was good for approximately 60 to 80 feet, but reduced clarity after about 60 feet, before it cut out at about 80ft…… This was only tested on a straight line of sight basis. When the Roger On is out of Range, it will not pick up connection until you are approximately 50ft away….As for Roger Select, it doesn’t like bodies, if I was behind my wife, by as little as 10 feet or less, it cut out, but when in front of Elspeth 20 to 30 ft was its approximate limitation…. Roger On, for me at least, is a better sound quality, it’s only marginally better, but I can tell the difference… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55 Thank you for your feedback, 50ft is already a good distance; It seems like they improved a bit with the roger on.
I hope they will come down in price.
I think it is a nice piece of tech, not to mention the app that goes with it.

1 Like

You are welcome @Baltazard. Yeah, the MyRogerMic app is excellent, and connects instantly, the other MyPhonak app has also improved, ever so slightly, and loads quicker, but not every time, occasionally there is a lag before it connects…… Keep your eyes peeled on eBay, for the Roger On or the In, I got mines there for £300, with all the paraphernalia, including the charging stand/TV connector, cables, and magnetic cover, cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

My size 13 batteries have already ran out!

Right is Bluetooth but also less hearing loss. Left went first but then the right went about 15 minutes later.

:joy:

1 Like

This has been close to my experience as well. I’ve found that it depends HEAVILY upon your surroundings too. Before the pandemic I worked an office job and nearly everyone in that office had bluetooth and wireless everything… I saw the range decrease significantly due to all the interference in those situations. At home though, even though my neighbors live pretty close, I usually get pretty close to the advertised ranges on things.

One other thing I noticed is that your device age could also play a huge factor. My new hearing aids are Bluetooth low energy capable. My cellphone works great with that, however my older desktop computer from 2012-ish really doesn’t have the same range. I’m guessing that’s partially due to the bluetooth module being inside the computer case (so it acts like a faraday cage), and partially just due to the age of the older bluetooth standard in the computer.

2 Likes

@dcdarkie Many thanks

1 Like