Is there a software that calibrates your headphones according your loss?

Hi, when i talk about headphones i mean the classic headphones. I don’t know, i have a good headphones and i think that with a good calibration in the equalizer could work fine

In my thesis i wanted to develop this but i never did

One of the reasons i want this is because i get a lot feedback when i use my hearing aids with my headphones and my audiologist can’t do nothing else :frowning:

I’m sorry, but your question is too vague.

Do you need eq for a smartphone, or a computer?
Android or IOS?
Windows or mac?

Do you have over the ear or on the ear headphones?

Give me some info, maybe I can help.

I would turn the hearing aid volume down and if needed the headphone volume up.

3 Likes

When I look at the calibration of my HA’s they only vaguely resemble my audiogram. Apparently, a lot of optimizations have taken place to allow for the best understanding of human speech. Even the music program does a lot more than just inverting your audiogram to compensate. However, it does resemble it a bit more.

Obviously, I would like to hear others pitch in with their experiences. But I normally just use the Phonak Target frequencies values for lowest dB band in the equalizer and save the setting profile as Phonak Target. You could also just compensate for your hearing loss and set the negative values of your audiogram into the equalizer as positive values and save that profile as audiogram.

So the program I need is Phonak Target and a music player with an equalizer that allows me to save the profile. Depending on your aids, you would only need your HA’s programming software and enter your audiogram and generate a music program for your HA’s. And a equalizer with profile saves, of course.

You could just make a program on your HA’s that completely suppresses feedback. My mother use her’s all the time and her high frequencies audiogram has >-100dB losses.

If you have open domes that might be harder, so you could make a plug that stops sound coming out of your earcanals while the HA’s are in. Probably that is the solution you want anyway. I’ve heard people use eraser, but I would probably use 2-component silicon paste.

I know somebody makes earbuds that take your hearing loss into account, but that’s not what you’re asking and I’m unaware of any such software. Since music is subjective, I’d just encourage you to adjust an equalizer so it sounds good to you.

1 Like

Can anyone advise if there are Bluetooth earbuds that have either, separate volume control for right and left or a balance control? My unequal loss makes for unbalanced sound while using headphones for watching TV. I am using my Firestick to stream to my earbuds since my TV isn’t BT ready. I have seen some high end over-the-ear headphones that have seperate volume but not any earbud type. Tnx