Is Signia StreamLine Mic compatible with Rexton hearing aids?

Please forgive the newbie question, but can anyone confirm if Signia branded StreamLine Mics work with Rexton HAs?

edited to change “Smart Mic” to “StreamLine Mic”.

Signia and Reston are not interchangeable as they are different manufacturers.

:slight_smile:

I hope you don’t mind me asking - have you actually verified this?

I ask because the Rexton BiCore HA I have is most certainly made by Signia, and appears to be identical to Signa’s Pure Charge&Go AX. Of course that wouldn’t stop them from preventing a Signia StreamLine Mic from working with Rexton HA’s. I just wondered if they’d gone to the trouble of doing this.

It’s more confusing still - I’ve seen Signia StreamLine Mics branded ‘Connexx’, but I don’t know how the Rexton version of the Smart Mic is branded.

Philips Audio Clip and Oticon Connect Clip look the same but Philips Clip won’t work with Oticon.

Owned by the same company yet accessories can’t be used like above.

Highly unlikely that it’ll work with you. Haven’t verified it but lots of talk on here about accessories trying to work with different branded HAs etc and it’s not working.

Ok, let me try this again.

I know that most of the “smart mic” type accessories look identical, and yes we do know that they’re generally not interchangeable.

However, I’ve seen “Connexx Signia StreamLine Mics” for sale, and I’ve seen “Rexton Smart Mics” for sale, and they both seem to have the EXACT SAME “AC04B” model number. So I’d guess there’s a good chance they’re interchangeable, which is WHY I’M ASKING.

I’m not asking for someone to tell me it’s highly unlikely, I’m asking if anyone has actually tried this. Thank you!

Actually it’s been asked a few times from memory ,I’d say they “should” as I could use Rexton remote on a Siemens a while back, but here’s one thing that the manufacturer uses, they install different firmware on them, so these smart accessories are only supposed to work “one way”
But just to throw this in the ring, I can use Beltone accessories on my ReSound models, these are exactly the same HAs but in name.
You could try and then confirm/post your results here on hearingtracker, that Rexton flavoured version is way cheaper as well.

Thanks, tenkan. I just found one eBay seller who will accept a return if it doesn’t work for me, so I’ll be able to report back the result in a few days.

I should say that it’s far easier to find Signia ones on eBay than Rexton, which is, after all, why I’m asking the question.

Absolutely yes

dont understand the need to be twenty long

Thank you, Morgan1946.

I am happy to confirm that the “Connexx Smart Mic” model AC04B works perfectly with my Rexton BiCore HAs, and is apparently also sold as the Signia StreamLine Mic.

I will add that this item is in no way worth the absurd prices being charged, ranging between $200 and $300 or more. Fortunately I found one eBay seller charging around $100 for “open box” units, which in my case appears to be new. I think that’s plenty for what this does, IMHO.

Incidentally I’m using it to stream audio from my PC to my HAs, which is a use-case that they don’t even bother describing in the user guide.

2 Likes

Awesome, that’s fantastic news, glad this worked as I suspected it would.
Is this the listings.

Also that PC to your HAs should of course work, is that Bluetooth or USB cable your using to connect.

Yup, that’s the seller. He’s very responsive to questions. I got an instant reply from him just 5 mins ago. Of course it’s also possible that he’s actually selling Rexton devices, but only labeling them as Signia.

I’m connected via Bluetooth to the PC, although it is also connected via usb (for power). I didn’t think to see if it would also connect via usb, that might be pushing my luck too far!

1 Like

On a related note: Signia sells a charger/dryer for $300.00, which is more than I’m willing to pay. Costco supposedly has it for $100.00, which I will pay. Will the Rexton unit work?; I’m assuming it will, but…

It will, chargers are “dumb”. Just make sure to get the correct one.

Do you know, will it work with Signia StreamLine Mic AC04 model?

This link contains a report that seems to indicate that the AC04A and AC04B devices are essentially identical, with the AC04B containing some updated components.

There is of course no substitute for testing it yourself to see if it works. In my experience it doesn’t work that well, even when it works.

Sounds like Demant brand locked these but WS Audiology did not. Can Demant aids work with these unlocked WS accessories? Anyone know who actually manufactures these? Does Demant make them for WS or is some OEM supplier making these?

Wow imagine that! One device for all, but na I don’t think so they have different firmware and this is what sets them apart.

It’s got to be this, can’t see these two competitors offering to supply accessories to each other, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Firmware designed to harm consumers and create more electronic waste while boosting profits? Maybe and if so maybe there should be penalties. The EU and others might care.

Don’t know if I should be amazed or amused…