Is Phonak Charger Case Combi compatible with Lumity?

Hi,

I’ve got a pair of Phonak Audeo Lumity L RT 90 HAs and I have the chance to get the Phonak Charger Combi… But is it compatible with my HAs?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

I’ve never seen anything official from Phonak saying this will work, but I use it with mine (L90-R) and it works fine. I particularly like the battery pack option, which the only officially compatible charger doesn’t have. I think the T version has slightly bigger dimensions, but I don’t remember if it’s fatter, or just longer. If it’s just longer, it should work.

Thanks for your reply!

Isn‘t it a problem the fact that the Combi comes with higher mA output (i‘m just highly ignorant on the topic)?

My understanding is the volts matter, but amps don’t as long as the charger is equal or greater than the amperage for which the device was designed. Both chargers are 5V, but the Ease is 100 mA while the Combi is 500 mA. Putting the Lumity (designed for 100 mA) in a 500 mA charger should work fine, because it will only take 100 mAs, and the extra is just excess charging capacity that doesn’t get used. Putting the Paradise or something designed for a 500 mA charger into a 100 mA charger might cause problems. At best, it will charge more slowly than it would in the proper charger. At worst, the charger might get fried and potentially damage the device.

Someone else please correct me if I’m wrong here!

1 Like

I don’t think my p90-r use more than about 30ma when they are first put in the charger. Over the course of charging it drops to nothing as they get charged. Even the battery pack takes a slow charge. Completely dry HAs and a dry battery pack I think drew 51 ma when I tested once. A half amp usb charger is pretty lightweight. When I’m traveling I prefer to take 2.1A chargers so I am not carrying extra.stuff that is t needed. The 2.1 amp will charge any of the toys at the max rate except my phone which will do pd up to about 20w.

WH

So do you agree it’s safe to use the Paradise charger with the Lumity?

I wonder why Phonak doesn’t sell the Paradise charger as compatible with the Lumity…

If your lumity fits and is charged…. I know the life ones won’t work. This uses electrical contacts.

WH