Is it worthwhile to upgrade to Oticon More level 1 instead of 2?

Good Choice! Can’t think of a better present. If family or friends ask what you want, tell them $ for new hearing aids!
That’s an easy gift.
My charger was included in the bundled price as a discount for the charger. It is my understanding only the new Smart Charger is in short supply, but is available for new More hearing aid orders only at this time.
I absolutely would not substitute another brand of charger.
I was part of the ZPower failure/mess. I am amazed you are still able to use the Z batteries and charger, even with limited use.
Please wear your new More hearing aids all day and enjoy all the sounds you’ve been missing. In fact I recommend that you start wearing your OPN3 all day, even if you have to switch out to disposable batteries. It will help you to train your brain to tune out the background noises and conversations and focus on the dialog of the people you want to hear. This will help make the transition to the Mores easier.

@innerharmony

I’ve worn ear moulds 35 years and have never had wax. Never needed to have my ears suctioned and I’ve never seen wax on my ear moulds.

Think it’s an individual thing. Everyone is different.

1 Like

Really? You’re the Stats and Search Police? Not once, but 2 times, you’ve smacked this person. You have no idea what other people are facing. I mostly read on another device - not logged in…just in case you want to check out my credentials.
This Forum is for sharing and helping people. Fortunately, innerharmony ignored your “advice” and wasn’t scared away, allowing some of us to actually help.
I’ve seen you wear the Stats and Search Police hat before. I find it Rude and unnecessary.

1 Like

@Mago: I will deal with this in private - where it belongs.

1 Like

I disagree with you we all have to have the right attitude and read this forum as what they are, a method for each of us to relate our individual experiences. We all have different experiences, different hearing loss experiences. We all live in different environments that affects our hearing requirements.
Read this forum from a point of view that you are taking your own experiences and relating them to others on the forum to see what you can use to help yourself to advance your hearing life. If you take everything personally you are looking through the wrong set of windows.

1 Like

@Mago -> I think it’s OK to tell people to use the Search function to read up on things. If it’s a very simple question, or a new question, then it’s probably OK to just give a quick answer. But the OP has a very loaded question about the More 1 vs More 2 differences that is not easy or simple to answer in a few sentences. Beside being loaded, if the question has already been asked and answered several times before in other places, it’s also good to encourage the OP to search and do more reading before asking questions to make sure the questions being asked by the OP are more pertinent to the OP’s situation.

For example, the OP asked "What would be the “changes in the ear molds?” It’s hard to answer that question because we don’t know what kind of fitting the OP is wearing to determine if the question is even relevant to the OP or not. I asked about the fitting but the OP never answered my question. It’s not clear if the OP even knows what ear molds or fitting means, because the question is ignored.

It’s still a mystery to this point what kind of hearing loss the OP has, even though I’ve requested the OP to post his audiogram twice, only because you need to know what kind of hearing loss the OP has in order to address the ear molds question appropriately, or to determine other things where it may or may not matter between the More 1 and More 2. I don’t recall getting even a verbal description from the OP about what kind of hearing loss he has, even if an audiogram is not available to post up. Just totally ignored.

Somewhere along the thread, it was revealed that the OP is a senior on a low fixed income, so as more information is revealed, we understand the situation better and want to be more helpful to the OP and be less critical, even though crucial information needed are still not provided to help the OP better. Maybe some of the points we make or information we requested are not being deliberately ignored, but just simply not absorbed and fully understood.

My approach with new members on other sites I’m on is to do the search myself and post the links in a reply, extolling the benefits of a search. There are some sites where the search function is so bad as to be worthless. It seems tp perform better here, but I’m still sometimes left wondering what else I’m missing.

I agree with you 100% that answers to your questions would help you and others help the OP, who is, after all, asking for help and opinions. But, you were kind and polite.

I also agree people should make use of the search function the forum has to offer. It is a valuable resource.

I was a member of this forum in it’s mismanaged former life. It was an out of control hot mess! I learned a lot, but you had to pick thru the trash. I know what a wonderful, welcoming, helpful Forum this place is, and it is important that we all play nice.

My objection is to posting other posters’ Profile Stats and calling posters out for not reading enough. Circling days visited and read time is unnecessary and judgemental - And then doing it again, and yet again.
If people don’t feel someone is worthy of help for whatever reason, just scroll on by quietly.

This is just my opinion. I’m not asking for approval, or rallying the troops to agree with me. I am just stating that I am one person who dislikes this practice of calling out and repeating Stats and Reading for everyone to see exactly why someone isn’t worthy of help.

@Mago: Don’t know why you targeted @Volusiano with this, @Mago when your beef is with me! And i don’t understand why you didn’t respond in this manner to my PM.

Nonetheless, I will tell you that I never really had thought of it this way. For sure, @MDB and @jay_man2 have (courteously) tried to make this point stick with me, in the past, but I think I’m hard to drive these points into, due to my drill-toughened noggin.

But … I’m slowly getting it. I don’t get your public discourteousy to me, nor your rudeness at not responding to my PM, but I get this much.

I will edit out my less-than-understanding posts, ask its readers to try to comprehend where I was coming from, and try to be less heavy-handed in the future. (You might want to try a dose of that yourself, there, @Mago).

1 Like

Quite honestly, this may be the classic case where “tone” and intent on a written forum gets wrongly conveyed. It then spirals into a ‘fight fire with fire’ mode. *shrug

@SpudGunner, I do have to admit, I raised my eyebrows a little when I saw the post where there was a profile screenshot with a highlight on read time. Whatever your intent there, I did see it as aggressive, or even as you put it, a “public discourtesy”. I would agree it appears counterproductive to respond with a statement that it wasn’t worth your time to respond, to @Mago’s point.

I’ve spent quite some time reading through many topics and posts recently, and it’s clear that there is a smaller subset of forum members that are more active, and are familiar with each other through your interactions, which I think it great! I’ve gleaned quite a bit of useful information on numerous topics through those said conversations. It’s one of the points to having forums in the first place. That said, I’ve seen enough of your posts to understand that your directness and bluntness, as you’ve admitted, isn’t necessarily meant to be unfriendly, and I think those you frequently interact with also understand that, so they don’t really think twice of it. But to others who don’t frequently peruse through threads and see your contributions, sometimes your comments will rub off the wrong way a little. It’s not always about whether one is factually right or wrong, but how the manner of their communication is perceived, intent be damned.

I’m already regretting writing this post, but hell, the weather is crappy and I was a little bored, so I waded into this. Very much not trying to offend, but felt like offering my own observations. Not trying to create additional beef nor do I have any with anyone.

2 Likes

This person is the reason I almost left the forum. He pulled the same shit with me, quoting stats to somehow make his viewpoint more valid. I just blocked him and solved that problem

2 Likes

@jcw11:

1. There’s nothing to regret when you’re genuinely trying to help;
  2. I might get offended if you pointed a loaded rifle in my direction, or fired live rounds at me. ( Real offended!)
  3. Creating beefs isn’t your style. Not mine, either. I’m just blunt …

Don’t worry about posting this. I’d thank you, but I only admit that I’m wrong once per infraction. -> :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:<-

2 Likes

I am going to step in here just this last time. And say this that if people left their negative attitudes behind and had just A minimal amount of positive attitude and paid attention to what the ones that really want to help you, then you would understand what @SpudGunner and a few others are truly trying to do and that is to help you. Stop crying in your beer and try to learn how to better your situation.

2 Likes

Hi Mago, thanks for your kind words. I didn’t realize that a charger was part of the package with the more hearing aids, I thought it was an extra purchase?

I don’t have that my knowledge on how to to tech stuff.
I did try to post my hearing test results info last year but didn’t know if it was the right information that is being asked for?
this is what what on the bottom of my test results, I hope this will be of use?

RESULTS: Otoscopy: Clear ear canals, bilaterally. Pure tone testing (Symmetric): Right Ear - Mild-Severe
Mixed Sloping Hearing Loss; Left Ear - Mild-Severe Mixed Sloping Hearing Loss. Word Recognition: Right ear

• 96% at 65dBHL; Left ear - 86% at 65dBHL.
    IMPRESSION: The overall results are consistent with a symmetric predominately cochlear lesion, bilaterally. The
    degree and configuration of the loss is considered a mild-moderate communication disorder, bilaterally.

I’m not sure what "Mixed Sloping Hearing Loss is…

The audiogram should look something like the screenshot below, with the chart style graph. If one clicks on the headphones symbol on the lower right of your avatar, it should pop up like the screenshot below.

There’s instruction on this forum on how to post it. If you do a search for it, you should be able to find it.

To enter audiogram, click on FORUM at top of page and then My Hearing Tests.

as I said in one other response, I didn’t find the exact answer to my question on any of the other search that I did, if I missed it, I apologize.

I wanted to find personal experiences from people if upgrading would be worth the extra expense to really help understand speech better?

I also didn’t know that they include a charger with the MORE hearing aids at no extra fee. There was a post that mentioned the Philips charger worked with them?

the domes are minifit open 6mm.

I did have a problem w/ my HA a few months back & the Audi charged me $90 to clean and reset them, apparently there was something off with the programing it had?

I don’t know how to post the pdf to this site so that it only shows my test and NOT my personal info.
this is the summary
RESULTS: Otoscopy: Clear ear canals, bilaterally. Pure tone testing (Symmetric): Right Ear - Mild-Severe
Mixed Sloping Hearing Loss; Left Ear - Mild-Severe Mixed Sloping Hearing Loss. Word Recognition: Right ear

• 96% at 65dBHL; Left ear - 86% at 65dBHL.
    IMPRESSION: The overall results are consistent with a symmetric predominately cochlear lesion, bilaterally. The
    degree and configuration of the loss is considered a mild-moderate communication disorder, bilaterally.

hearing test picture
I tried to find what you mentioned in search in resources for at least 5 min. and wasn’t successful?
so I took a picture of the hearing test, I hope this is sufficient?

Did you try to follow MDB’s instruction?

It’s better to post it on your avatar like what MDB shows because then anyone can click on it at any time anywhere to always be able to see it. By posting a screenshot of it like you did in just the one post, people who don’t see this post (because you’re having a discussion in another thread for example) will still not know what your audiogram is like. Even people who saw this post may not remember what it looks like 20 posts down from the thread.

If you’re having this kind of slight to moderate loss overall and wear open domes, what @cvkemp said about changing his ear molds doesn’t apply to you anyway because you don’t have custom molds like he does. With this kind of hearing loss, the amount of noise reduction in the More 2 would probably suffice for you even in noisy situations. But of course if you can go for the More 1 financially, then by all means go for it.

See how helpful posting your audiogram up is? And disclosing the fact that you’re wearing open dome? As soon as I see and know those things, it helps me to arrive at an educated guess for your More1 vs More2 question much faster.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how to post my test there?
there isn’t a place to add a screen shot?