iPhone static, multiple HA brands, with a baffling symptom

I had the iPhone 7 but updated to the SE 2020 and love it. With my Oticon OPNS aids the only time I have had any issues is if I have both my iPhone and my iPad with the bluetooth enables and they are both close by to my aids.

Apple called me yesterday with no update to my case. They said it’s their highest priority.

In the meantime, I’ve returned my iPhone and purchase a Samsung Note 20. It sounds great and all the app features are working as expected including keeping a custom program after younger a notification (it doesn’t change back to default like in iOS). I just had to change the Bluetooth setting to Fixed.

Wow - are you serious - can you confirm with 100% certainty that the issue with Custom programs reverting doesn’t apply on Android?

I must have tested it won’t because it does default back. Darn! I’ve turned off most sound notifications except text messages and calls. My watch vibrates instead which I like better anyways. (I do like the Galaxy Watch 3 better than an Apple watch.)

I still think the Android experience is better. I feel like I have more control and the static is almost completely gone on most calls. A little static here and there doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

I have an iPhone 11 with 14.2 and a Resound Aid. I don’t have any issues at all.

Just purchased my iPhone 12pro Max. I have Resound Linx 3d hearing aids. I would occasionally loose the connection with my old iPhone 10, but it wasn’t too bad. With the iPhone 12 I am experiencing static in my aids and the Left hearing aid is constantly disconnecting. I paired the 12 to my old Linx 2s and their performance was even worse with both aids constantly disconnection and re-connecting. I have a TV Streamer and a Multi-Mic. Both perform flawlessly. I upgraded to iOS 14.2 and the problem is still there. However, when I turn off one hearing aid, the problems go away. In my opinion the problem is definitely the iOS 14. Most likely apple will have to come up with another update to resolve this issue.

Everyone the issue is with iPhone 12 and not the iOS, I have the iPhone SE 2020 and do not have the issue. A friend just got the iPhone 12 and I ask to try it and I got the static issues. I believe it is the MagSafe that is built into the iPhone 12 that is the issue. My wife has the Samsung galaxy note 20 5g and I have tried it with my connect clip and have no static. So I believe it isn’t the 5g that is the issue either.

The main reason I never buy a brand new design from anyone is just this reason. I always wait to see how things are going to work out.

Which issue? I have had my issue with iPhone 11 Pro and iOS 13.7 and 14.2. My issue is static over voices in phone calls, but not with streaming. It is temporarily cured by rebooting the phone.

1 Like

I have seen the static issue with the iPhone 12, but not with the iPhone SE2020 which has all of the hardware chips as the iPhone 11, just not the same screen or cameras. I do have 14.2 on my SE, and I have perfectly clean and clear streaming to my aids. I also have the iPad mini 5 with IPADIOS 14.2 and the streaming from it is also very clean and clear. Sounds like you maybe do have an issue with the iPhone. At least for me going from 14.1 to 14.2 has made my transition of my aids from my iPhone to my iPad much simpler and stable. I still cannot have the bluetooth enabled on both, but they have made it where I can disable the bluetooth in the control panel on my iPad and it disabled the mfi for my aids, and I can still use the Apple Pencil on my iPad.

Cvkemp. What make and model hearing aids do you have?

I have the Oticon OPNS1 aids

Apple confirmed the issue

1 Like

I am currently using my Multi-Mic, plugged into the lightening port for audio on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Glad to see Apple has acknowledged the issue and will fix it in a future update.

I have the new iPhone 12 & the white noise static occurs when the iPhone goes to “stream boost”. This happens when you receive a phone call or listen to media/music on the iPhone. My hearing aids are the Starkey Livio 2400. I contacted Starkey Tech support & they stated that they were aware of the static issues. The latest iOS update 14.2 was supposed to have ‘fixed’ the static problems with hearing aids…it DID NOT. I’m still waiting for a fix.

And not with my iPhone Pro 14.2 Oticon OPN S

Not for my iPhone 12 pro 14.2 Oticon OPN S 1’s - Very annoying static and also one side or the other keeps cutting out.

I have the iPhone SE and every since updating to iOS 14 have had bad static on voice calls, but not other streaming. So it is certainly more then just the iPhone 12.

1 Like

It must be your aids or the person that you are talking to, I have no static at all with my SE2020 with 14.2

I get this too on my SE 2020 (on iOS 14.2). The issue is there on phone calls but never when streaming audio eg Spotify, YouTube etc.

Today I changed from Adaptive to Fixed Bluetooth settings and it seems better but I’ll keep an eye on it.

I don’t have this issue at all on my iPhone 12 Pro running 14.2.1.

I hate to bring this back up, but my question does concern iPhone 12. Have any of you with iPhone 12 updated to iOS 15? If so with MFI aids do you 1 have static issues in the aids, 2 what about disconnect issues.